• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Spinning Birds?

hannahNala

Strolling the yard
I've noticed ever since I got Octavia shell get on the rope that holds up her perch and spin. I've tried to take videos because its hilarious but it seems like she always knows when im taping and wont do it. Anyway I can't find any toys at stores that have to do with spinning.I really want to involve more spinning toys because she loves to do it so much.I've looked at pet stores on line and can't find any toys.
It's kind of hard to explain how she does this but pretty much she puts both feet on the rope , letting herself hang sideways and spins herself around the rope with both feet clinging to the rope. I hope this picture will help explain and if i get a video I will definitely have to post it.

Do any of your birds like to spin? And what are some toys I can find for a bird who loves spinning?

33731_Manzanita_Swing_Med1.jpg

Last edited:

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Baby toys!

truste

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shirley
I used to have a toy up with lots of rope dangling from it. Roca would do this thing where -- and I don't know how she even did this -- she would grip the end of one of the strands with one foot, then climb up to the top, then let go but keep her grip on the end, which basically made her somersault down the length of the rope. Super hard to explain but it was adorable to watch and shed do it over and over.

Once, and unfortunately only once, I saw Fizz Doing forward somersaults on the bed. :joyful:

The budgies I had when I was a teen would do forward flips on their perches. Same kind as Otavia, I think, just vertically instead of horizontally.

They like to find ways to entertain themselves ;)