• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sunshine Factor Problems...

glxpassat

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I usually order the Sunshine factor with Omega 3 for my birds, off of Smith & Foster website. I bought some about 1 month ago. I went to order more, and it's not on their site any longer, nor many other sites stating "unavailable." What the heck is going on?

I called my local Avian vet, and they're prices are almost double what I would normally pay. anyone give me some links?

Thanks,

Becca

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I've gotten my last few jars from Amazon

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
Maybe contact Harrison's and see if they're discontinuing the line. The small packets are the only ones I'm finding.

It seems like a successful line, so I can't imagine they're no longer making it. In my experience in retail I learned many companies will wait until current stock is depleted before moving out products with updated formulas or packaging. Maybe that's the case here.

As others have said, there are alternatives like Avitech's Aviglo.

Bartleby

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I was startled yesterday after reading this post and looking to see if I could find any product only to discover, like the OP, nobody has any except the tiny packets. So I wrote to Harrison's, which apparently now owns Healx; here is their (very prompt) reply:

Our apologies for any inconvenience in regard to the HEALx products.

Harrison’s Bird Foods has acquired the remaining HEALx stock, although with the closure of one of our manufacturing facilities that made these products, our goal is to secure the needed elements to continue to make these products available.

Please continue to check back with our website for future availability:HEALx-Harrison's Bird Foods or feel free to call us at 800-346-0269.

We do have Sunshine Factor available in half ounce packets at this time and a 15 oz. jar of organic Red Palm Fruit Oil as well.

Sincerely,

Bobby Pignato
Customer Service
Harrison's Bird Foods
www.HarrisonsBirdFoods.com
P. 800-346-0269
615-221-9919
F. 615-221-9898

So, it seems like future availability may still be up in the air as they are trying to figure out logistics.