• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

LOOKING TO REHOME IN YEARS TO COME

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
IM 82 AND LOOKING HOPPING TO FIND SOME ONE WHO IN THE NEXT 10 YRS WOULD BE INTRESTED IN HAVING MANGO WHEN MY TIME WITH HIM ENDS.

I AM HOPPING TO FIND SOME ONE IN RICHMONDHILL ONT AREA THAT CAN SAY COME ONE OT TWO TIMES A MONTH FOR COFFEE AND GET TO KNOW MANGO AND HIM TO KNOW THEM ALSO FINDING OUT WHAT TO EXPECT OFROM HIM .

THIS WAY IT WILL BE EASER ON BOTH MANGO AND NEW OWNER .

I REALY DO NOT WANT TO PART WITH HIM NOW BUT ALSO WANT THE ONE THAT WILL TAKE HIM KNOW WHAT THEY ARE GETTING AND MAKE THINGS EASY FOR MANGO , I AM LOOKING AT BOTH SIDES AND ASKING ALOT I KNOW CAUSE IT COULD BE A SHORT WAIT OR A LONG WAIT ONLY TIME WILL TELL BUT WOULD BE NICE FOR ALL TO KNOW A HAPPY END IS THERE

IF ANYONE HAS ANY BETTER IDEAS PLEASE SPEAK UP BUT VISITING IS REQUIRED IM STEAD FAST ON THAT

THANKS FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I really think that you should keep Mango as long as you can for the both of you. He needs you, and to have someone that needs you is very important. A life when no one needs you is a very sad life.
If I'm understand you right you are looking for a new owner that comes and visit you and gets to now Mango. I love that! ♥

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Nicely done Doll. if someone is willing to invest time to get to know him, that person can probably be counted on to care for him when the time comes.

I'm still praying you have many, many years to spend with him though. The right person will give you that time.

cnyguy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
That sounds like a good plan, Doll. Hope someone up there in Ontario will step up for you and Mango. The way you've worked it out, Mango can stay with you for as long as possible, but he and the person who would eventually be adopting him would know each other well and be comfortable with one another. :)

truste

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shirley
I love this idea! It would be a better transition for you and Mango :). I'm sure it's not easy but hopefully this will make it easier, plus it would help ensure you find someone who will be a good fit for Mango. Good luck in your search!

alcmene

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
This is such a great idea. One that more people with parrots who are probably going to outlive them should implement. I hope you find someone PERFECT for Mango. I know it would give me such peace of mind to know my babies would be well loved without me.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Nicely done Doll. if someone is willing to invest time to get to know him, that person can probably be counted on to care for him when the time comes.

I'm still praying you have many, many years to spend with him though. The right person will give you that time.
I HAVE YOU HUN TO THANK PUSHING ME NOT TO RUSH IN TO ANY THING BLESS YOU

I love this idea! It would be a better transition for you and Mango :). I'm sure it's not easy but hopefully this will make it easier, plus it would help ensure you find someone who will be a good fit for Mango. Good luck in your search!
THIS IS WHAT IM HOPPING FOR AND IM SURE ONCE THEY MEET HIM , AND SEE HOW LAY BACK HE IS AND NO DAMAGE ALSO NO BIRDPROOFING..LOL IN MY HOME THE WAIT WILL BE WORTH IT HOPE IM NOT LOOKING FOR THE IMPOSABLE ,,LOL

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
BUT LETS FACE IT WOULD YOU OR ANY ONE HEAR IN AA WAIT 2 4 6 YRS SPENDING 1 TO 2 HRS A MONTH GETTING TO BE WITH HIM , IF IT WERE ME I DONT KNOW BEING TRUTHFULL BUT TIME WILL TELL

alcmene

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
BUT LETS FACE IT WOULD YOU OR ANY ONE HEAR IN AA WAIT 2 4 6 YRS SPENDING 1 TO 2 HRS A MONTH GETTING TO BE WITH HIM , IF IT WERE ME I DONT KNOW BEING TRUTHFULL BUT TIME WILL TELL
If i lived near you, I would. :heart:

I'm sure someone will step forward. Be sure to contact rescues, bird clubs, and avian vets near you. They would be good resources for helping you find a local home for Mango

CallmeSweetie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Andrea
82! Kudos to you as you write like so much younger, I can understand you wanting to be organised but I agree with Eloy you must keep Mango as long as you can, much respect and best wishes to you both.
Andrea

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I fully understand. With age we can no longer do some things. The body will just not corporate. You have been with Mango for how many years? Two homes for a long lived parrot is not bad. Best of luck to you in finding just the right person.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:hug8:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Hi Doll
I just messaged a Facebook/high school friend that lives in Toronto and has a blue-fronted Amazon to see if she might be interested in a 2nd at some point. Don't get your hopes up too high as I suspect she would prefer to just have 1 but I thought I would ask just in case. I hope you find the perfect home/situation for Mango! I take it your son is no longer taking him. :hug8:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Hi Doll
I just messaged a Facebook/high school friend that lives in Toronto and has a blue-fronted Amazon to see if she might be interested in a 2nd at some point. Don't get your hopes up too high as I suspect she would prefer to just have 1 but I thought I would ask just in case. I hope you find the perfect home/situation for Mango! I take it your son is no longer taking him. :hug8:

I just got word from my son llol hes thinking of looking for a cheap place to live and taking Mango which is telling me Mango is realy wanted by him weather he will do this I dont know only time will tell / I know he loves and wants this bird always has he also said I am doing the right thing which makes me feel good

redbarnmacaw

Sprinting down the street
I commend you on your love for Mango! We to need to have a family in place, as were never promised the next. We've lost 3 friends whom passed in there sleep in the last 20 days!!! 2 of which were 40'ish and hand parrots, never had a place in hand for them to go. So now there children are caring for the parrots but neither kids want to keep it for reasons other then it was there mothers. We are working with them to learn about the parrots since they didn't interact with them while there mother was here .. its very sad situation. Bless your heart, I pray you find the person you know is the best for him when your no longer to do what you love!

Loppy

Real Name
Jen
Mango looks like a wonderful boy! My great-grandparents had an Amazon (Blue-fronted); my mother remembers her well. I have no doubt you will find someone to care for him should you son not be able to. If I knew what plans life has for me in the future, I would be more than willing to take in Mango in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I don't know what life will hand me then.

I wish you all the best in finding a home for Mango, and I'm sure you have many, many more years left in you!

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Mango looks like a wonderful boy! My great-grandparents had an Amazon (Blue-fronted); my mother remembers her well. I have no doubt you will find someone to care for him should you son not be able to. If I knew what plans life has for me in the future, I would be more than willing to take in Mango in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I don't know what life will hand me then.

I wish you all the best in finding a home for Mango, and I'm sure you have many, many more years left in you!
THANK YOU , BUT REMEMBER THERE ISNT ANY ONETHAT KNOWS WHAT TOMORROW WILL BE LOL NOT EVEN ME DUT I DO KNOW HOW LUCKY I HAVE BEEN TO HAVE HAD THIS TIME WITH MANGO I AM OBE THAT DOSENT WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW NEVER HAVE NEVER WILL MY WORRY IS TO MAKE SURE MANGO HAS NO WORRIES ITS HIS LIFE SPAN I AM THINKING OF AND YES I COULD BE HERE ANOTHER 15 20 YRS BUT THIS WAS MY WORRY FROM THE FIRST WEEK I GOT MANGO WJO IS GOING TO WATCH OUT FOR HIM NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT HAVING CHILDREN CAUSE THEY HAD A FATHER NOW ITS JUST ME AND MANGO SO TO DO THINGS RIGHT HR NEEDS PROTECTION IF IM CALLED AWAY .
I HEAR NIGATIVITY IN YOUR POST HOPE IM READING WRONGE THINK POSITIVE AS LIFE HAS UPS AND DOWNS ALL THROUGH IT ITS LIKE A ROAD KEEPS TURNING LEARN TO ENJOY TODAY AND WHEN YOU WAKE UP TOMORROW I SAY PH HELL IT DIDNT GET DONE YESTERDAY SO BETTER GET SOME OF IT DONE TODAY CAUSE ITS NOT GOING ANY WHERE TILL I DO IT

i HOPE IM MAKING SENCE TO YOU IT MEANS LIVE EACH DAY AS IT CONES ME IM GREATFULL I HAVE INDEPENDANCE STILL IN MY LIFE ITS MUCH SLOWER THAN SAY 10 YRS AGO BUT I HAVE IT AND ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SAY HI WHEN PASSING SOME ONE TYUST ME IT HELPS YOU AND THEM
AS I TELL EVERY ONE I WAS PUT HERE ON EARTH TO MAKE THERE LIFE MISERABLE HA HA I HAVE NO PLANS ON LEAVINGANY WAYS ID HAVE TO PAY TAX IF I DIE AND TO H TO THAT IM PAYING ENOUGH AS IT IS ,,LOL
HUN THANKS FOR THEM KIND WORDS HUGSSSSSSSSS

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
I SENT MY SON A MESSAGE IN FB THIS MORNING CAUSE I HAVENT HEARD FROM HIM IN A FEW DAYS AND SOME TIMES I FIND I CAN WEITE BETTER THAN SPEAK..LOL EASER LASR I HEARD HE WAS THINKING OF FINDING A PLACE HE COULD AFORD ON HIS OWN MEANING LEAVING SUE WEEE ABOUT TIME BUT I NEVER SAID IT,,LOL WELL HE GOT RIGHT BACK TO ME SAID HE WAS OK AND MANGO WILL NE WITH HIM SOONER OR LATER HE JOVES ME AND WILL BE UP LATER THIS WEEK

WHO SAID BIRDS DONT CHANGE OUR LIFE . FUNNY WHST A FEATHER CAN DO , IF GIVEN A CHANCE AND IM ASHAMED TO SAY IT BUT IF I HAD KNOWEN MY SON WOULD CHOSE MANGO OVER EVERY THING LOL ID HAVE PARTED WITH HIM LONG AGO
DOES THIS MAKE ME A BAD MOM , DONT THINK SO ALL MY KIDS HAVE DEVORCED AND I STILL TO THIS DAY CONCIDER THEM MY DAUGHTER INLAW THINK THE WORLD OF THEN EVEN IF THEY WERE IN THE WRONE I RESPECT THEM BUT THIS ONE JUST HEARD HER VOICE ON PHONE ANS NEW SOMETHING WASNT RIGHT , SONT GET ME WRONG SHE NEVER SAID ANY THING WRONE WAS VERY POLIGHT BUT SAW DANGER SO TRUTH IS SHE HAD NO REAL CHANCE WITH ME BUT FROM BEGINING PROVED ME RIGHT OK ENOUGH OF THAT HAVE TO WAIT TILL GLEN COMES AND FILLS ME IN

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Wish I lived in Canada. I think he'd fit in well here. I know you'll have something turn up. You're too determined to let his future hang. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.