• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Wingdow on Craigslist

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks to fellow AAer @Clueless an add for a wingdow was brought to my attention. I've been emailing back and forth with the fella and I'm going to meet him tomorrow and buy it.

He's selling because he re homed his Alexandrian Parakeet shortly after acquiring him because a family member was allergic.

Question: what should I clean it with before letting Leto near it?

redbarnmacaw

Sprinting down the street
steam cleaner if you have one. I swear even with out a parrot I use mine tons!

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Nice score! You can also use a bleach and water mixture.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nice score! You can also use a bleach and water mixture.
Thanks! :dance5: I know! I'm so stoked! :elefant: I think I'm going to hang it on the kitchen window or maybe the bathroom one :dance2:I can't decide :feeldance2:

Would bleach/water or F10 be better?

Last edited:

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
F10 kills PBFD, so I would go with F10 :)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
F10 is very good too!
I don't like bleach because it leaving a thin oily film. Both F10 and Virkon S doesn't and they are much better too.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Thanks, but I don't have a steam cleaner :(
HA HA HOW CAN YOU HAVE A BIRD AND NO STEAM CLEANER,,LOLITS A SHAME YOUR NOT CLOSE ID LEND YOU ONE ID BE LOST WITH OUT MY STEAM CLEANERS AND FLOOR SCRUBER I EVEN HAVE A CLOTH STEAMER AND USED IT TO REMOVE WALLPAPPER FROM 3 APTS BEST ENVESTMENT I DID,,LOL

AFTER YOU CLEAN IT MAKE SURE YOU USE VINAGER AND WATER AFTER TO REMOVE ALL TRACES OF CLEANER

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
HA HA HOW CAN YOU HAVE A BIRD AND NO STEAM CLEANER,,LOLITS A SHAME YOUR NOT CLOSE ID LEND YOU ONE ID BE LOST WITH OUT MY STEAM CLEANERS AND FLOOR SCRUBER I EVEN HAVE A CLOTH STEAMER AND USED IT TO REMOVE WALLPAPPER FROM 3 APTS BEST ENVESTMENT I DID,,LOL

AFTER YOU CLEAN IT MAKE SURE YOU USE VINAGER AND WATER AFTER TO REMOVE ALL TRACES OF CLEANER
Lol! Thanks Doll! Maybe, that needs to be a purchase to come :smug:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I am giving my steamer to Marie...the hiss sound scares the daylights out of my birds.

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
The drawback of using a steam cleaner is that all that poop can then turn to a mist form and it is then airborne. Not a good idea for people or birds. I know so many swear by them, but just think about all that stuff that is then entering your lungs or your babies air sacs.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The drawback of using a steam cleaner is that all that poop can then turn to a mist form and it is then airborne. Not a good idea for people or birds. I know so many swear by them, but just think about all that stuff that is then entering your lungs or your babies air sacs.
Good point. I never thought about that.

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
I have to say my bird does not use a cage ,,lol that is why I bought a hover floor scruber clean water out one side dirty floor water sucks up other side
my steamers are for walls ovens real cleaning,,lol my nabor has lived inher apt 11 yrs never moved fridge or stove out well what a mess thanks to my steamers it was spotless in about 15 min even the side of the stove supper was shocked both times when he came to move them wall floor like new

I do use steamer on the parrot stand but not till after I have removed the poo and dried on food , there also dreat for windows and after good vac your matress and couch many uses for steamers if used right