• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

First road trip with two

Jaguar

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
We're headed to my family's for Thanksgiving today and it's the first time I'll be taking both tiels with me.

The travel cage is fairly small, and I'm stressed out - really worried that they're going to fight in such cramped quarters... or that Miles is going to hate the car :eek: But we'll see how it goes. We can pick up another travel carrier while we're there if it gets bad. We do eventually need a more permanent travel solution that fits two. (suggestions?)

Cat's coming with us, too. Staying in the travel trailer as usual so it'll be just like camping :D

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
First trips are always exciting, and can be stressful. Watch the situation carefully ,and be prepared for the unexpected. That's all you can do. You and your family- including feathered and furred- have a great holiday! :)

birdle

Rollerblading along the road
sounds fun :) I use the avian adventures poquito hotel for Bord, it is a good size for one bird. You could get two. Ozzie, when he travels, will be in just a small cage that is big enough for a couple toys and some perches.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
sounds fun :) I use the avian adventures poquito hotel for Bord, it is a good size for one bird. You could get two. Ozzie, when he travels, will be in just a small cage that is big enough for a couple toys and some perches.
That's the travel cage I have too!

You can try doing a few test drives. Maybe take Miles by himself first for a couple short drives and then try a couple short drives with them together to see how they do.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Have fun and hope they get along! How long is the drive? I always travel with my tiels in separate cages because I know that one of them will end up harassing the other.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
For the birds safety use two cages. :)