• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How many times your shower your bird in a week?

Kiwibird08

Jogging around the block
Mine prefers a bath every day (and typically follows it up with a dish bath in the afternoon:bathtime:). A shower WITHOUT Kiwi? Not happening:lol:Though his daily baths are generally just getting to spend a little time under the shower and the dish baths just get his head wet. He gets a soaking, looks like a drowned rat bath once a week.

Some parrots seem to wish they'd been born ducks, other react to water as though it radioactive. So long as they're getting a good, soaked bath bath at least once a week, anything after that should be dependent on how much the bird likes them:) And you don't need to drench them every time you bath them, you can just dampen them if they like daily baths:lol:

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
My bird showers once a week, mostly on saturday morning, i think its triggered because i sleep a few hours longer ;-)

If she wants to shower more, she will sit on her waterbowl and calls for me, in which case i prepair her bath (a lasagne bowl)

RoxieW

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Roxie
Atm, I give him shower twice a week but I been advised to give him shower everyday. How many time you give a week? I don't want to over do it but I want to keep him clean. I took the photo this afternoon after his shower. Obviously he was very angry at me. lol
:omg: What a grumpy look he is giving you ! To cute :faint:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Amazon's parrot here. :)
Bath twice a week. But in the summer when they are out (and dry much faster then indoors) in the outside cage they bath every day.
And Eloy take a shower with me every day too but he is only with me for company and that he likes the air humidity in the bathroom.

And that picture is priceless! :rofl:

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hehe. That pic is angry bird captured perfectly :xflove:

I think it is different for each bird plus it depends on the ambient humidity in the house/room.

I bathe Leto 3-4 times a week but have two medium sized aquariums in the part of the house he's in so I think the humidity is pretty high. :fish3:

I often bring him in the shower with me too.

TwoTinyTrees

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
My two guys get a misting bath about 3-4 times a week :) and I always have their bird bath available for them just in case they want another soak..I wasn't aware that you could over do it? :shrug3:Does their skin dry out like dogs if you bathe them too often??

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
In the winter, since the heat is on, the air can be dry which in turn leads to dry skin. Due to this, I give Michael a bath every few days just to keep his skin from getting too dry.

Matt

BigMacWonder

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anne
Thank you guys! A lady in my FB IRN group shower her bird everyday, I wasn't sure is it necessary. I always thought I need to drench them in every shower. That is where I was confused. We are in the tropic so it's very humid every day..... I think I just give soaking wet shower every week and mist once or twice.

PMSL....yea..he gave me no doubts about his thought about me. lol!I really shouldn't for force shower him lol

BigMacWonder

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anne
Diesel gets a bath whenever she wants one :p I don't really keep track but it's at least 1-2 a week I believe. She just flies into the bathroom and squawks for me, which is my cue to giver her a bath!
That's smart and time saver. I wish mine will tell me...lol. I think I just give him a drenched shower and misting once a week each.

CallmeSweetie

Real Name
Andrea
it took me ages to find out how sweetie preferred to bathe, she comes in the shower with me and sometimes she bathes and sometimes she doesn't but she has the option and does it about 50% of the time, also a new one is if i take the water jar out of the fridge she flaps her wings around it and gets wet from the condensation :bathtime:

BigMacWonder

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anne
I am still try to figure out. lol....

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Our littles get misted once a week...except if somebirdie is molting. Titan IRN is in a heavy molt right now, so he gets a light misting every other day. It really does help with all the pinnies that we know we are NOT allowed to touch. (IRN rule number 1)
Milton would live in the shower, if he were allowed...:rolleyes:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
When I got Mango he Hated water,,lol so I got a spray bottle and sprayed him in the cage well it ment chasding him , then it hit me I might be making him afraid if me or water so decided to make a game of it and started spraying him many times a day hitting him from difrent angles it worked now he demands to be sprayed I qas able to get a plant sprayer from dollar rama and it works great its a leader bottle with a pump sprays till empty loves it so much he demands it and makes sure his head and wings get it he sits on the shower rod and screams till I appear with the sprayer and stays ther till able to fly , I bought 6 bottles to make sure if one breaks I can replace it pressure sprayer think it cost $2.50 each money well spent,,lol

BigMacWonder

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anne
Our littles get misted once a week...except if somebirdie is molting. Titan IRN is in a heavy molt right now, so he gets a light misting every other day. It really does help with all the pinnies that we know we are NOT allowed to touch. (IRN rule number 1)
Milton would live in the shower, if he were allowed...:rolleyes:
Oh Milton, I read about his argument with Kathy. His is such a character, Milton.....and so intelligent. I am selling the idea of getting a cockatoo to hubby by reading your post about Milton to him. lol!

I am worry sick they might get mites or lice if I didn't shower them enough.

BigMacWonder

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anne
When I got Mango he Hated water,,lol so I got a spray bottle and sprayed him in the cage well it ment chasding him , then it hit me I might be making him afraid if me or water so decided to make a game of it and started spraying him many times a day hitting him from difrent angles it worked now he demands to be sprayed I qas able to get a plant sprayer from dollar rama and it works great its a leader bottle with a pump sprays till empty loves it so much he demands it and makes sure his head and wings get it he sits on the shower rod and screams till I appear with the sprayer and stays ther till able to fly , I bought 6 bottles to make sure if one breaks I can replace it pressure sprayer think it cost $2.50 each money well spent,,lol
That's a good Idea! I am gonna try with the birds at home!!! Thanks a bunch!!