• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heart wings only done by males?

RoxieW

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Roxie
I read on-line that only the male IRNs make the heart wings and lean back in display, is that true? :think1:

RoxieW

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Roxie
Thanks, I thought they both did it but wasn't sure.

Sky has been doing the heart wings, to my my husband and licking his ear. @InTheAir @SmokeyJoe69
Do your IRNs lick?

Sky really loves my husband, :heart:which he is enjoying since our other two fids prefer me. :hehe:

InTheAir

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Claire
Umm. Nila did try heart wings to me sometimes before we got Sapph, but I always distracted him with something else and tried to avoid that.
Now we have 2, they display all courtship behaviour to each other when the mood is upon them. When my boyfriend or I are laying on the floor with Nila, Sapph will sometimes fly over to use us as display platforms to impress Nila. It is pretty funny. Luckily, if she impresses him sufficiently they both fly off to a perch to take it to the next level, if you get my drift... ;)

Nila gently nibbles Sapphs head as part of the courtship thing. Neither of them lick us very much, but they will preen imperfections off us or play with hair and eyelashes (and my boyfriends bellybutton for some reason). Sapphire has been trying to remove a blood blister from my finger with beak and tongue.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Titan does attempt to lick...it usually comes along with him kissing you. I strongly discourage his attempted "french kissing", though, so he ends up "tonguing" the tip of your nose...:rolleyes:

RoxieW

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Roxie
Umm. Nila did try heart wings to me sometimes before we got Sapph, but I always distracted him with something else and tried to avoid that.
Now we have 2, they display all courtship behaviour to each other when the mood is upon them. When my boyfriend or I are laying on the floor with Nila, Sapph will sometimes fly over to use us as display platforms to impress Nila. It is pretty funny. Luckily, if she impresses him sufficiently they both fly off to a perch to take it to the next level, if you get my drift... ;)

Nila gently nibbles Sapphs head as part of the courtship thing. Neither of them lick us very much, but they will preen imperfections off us or play with hair and eyelashes (and my boyfriends bellybutton for some reason). Sapphire has been trying to remove a blood blister from my finger with beak and tongue.
They sound so cute !

We are having fun getting to know Sky. Sky is settling in very well and seems like he has always been here. He has a great appetite and willing try anything we give him, only thing so far we have found that he doesn't like is cauliflower. He is always anxious to come out and spend time on our shoulders.

RoxieW

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Roxie
Titan does attempt to lick...it usually comes along with him kissing you. I strongly discourage his attempted "french kissing", though, so he ends up "tonguing" the tip of your nose...:rolleyes:
:embarassed:

Yeah we are trying to discourage his licking as much as we can, I have never had a bird that did it so much like a puppy. Maybe it's just the newness and it will lessen as he settles in more.

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Ceddy (Alexandrine) does heart wings for me when she's hormonal and she's definitely a girly girl :):)

InTheAir

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Claire
I think we can safely conclude that there is a lot of rubbish about ringnecks on the internet.

@RoxieW as much as it is lovely that Sky likes your hubby best, I recommend he diverts those type of advances and develops a friendship with Sky that is not about sexual attraction. I find both my ringnecks love trick training. Fetch always goes down well here.

RoxieW

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Roxie
I think we can safely conclude that there is a lot of rubbish about ringnecks on the internet.

@RoxieW as much as it is lovely that Sky likes your hubby best, I recommend he diverts those type of advances and develops a friendship with Sky that is not about sexual attraction. I find both my ringnecks love trick training. Fetch always goes down well here.
Yes, I agree. we are trying to divert Sky's attention when he starts licking his ear and rubbing his head on my husbands shoulder. I hope to start doing some training in the next couple weeks. I had foot surgery a couple months ago and getting around has been limited. Thanks for all your help and advice !!