• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do you ever feel like a spectator sport?

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
This morning I pretty much have been doing bird stuff. I washed the many small squash I bought at the farmer's market yesterday. Made them breakfast...squash of course and then started cleaning cages and perches. Maximus was in heaven eating his little pumpkin and some apple, wiping his beak on the cage and looking at the food he dropped to the floor. At some point in my cleaning a skewer with wood parts fell so I picked it up and sat on the stairs in the foyer to put the skewer toy back together. Maximus didn't miss a beat. He didn't stop chewing an apple piece while he moved.to a porch off the side of his cage to look into the foyer and watch me while he continued chewing. I then hung up the toy in his cage and started working on blackberry stains on my wooden floor (thanks to Maximus or I guess me for serving blackberries and not protecting the floor better) and Maximus moved from the porch on one side of his cage to the other porch. As I scrubbed the floor I looked up and again a pionus was staring at my work.....I felt like a spectator sport....he could have at least stopped eating while he watched ;-)

Last edited:

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:pinklol: Everyday! Leto, and my dog for that matter, watch every move I make :cool: Frankly, I'm honored. I feel like they care about me and like I'm important to them :laugh: Maybe I'm being egocentric, but I like that my guys want to know what I'm doing :hilarious:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:hehe: Yes, at dinner time especially! Sunshine asking, "Is it good? Cheese! Want to come out!" Keene, "Want to eat!" Dexter, "Huh? Want, want!" :faint:

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
:hehe: Yes, at dinner time especially! Sunshine asking, "Is it good? Cheese! Want to come out!" Keene, "Want to eat!" Dexter, "Huh? Want, want!" :faint:
Oh my gosh!!!! It would be hard to eat in front of your flock

flyingsowm

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
:lolsign:Yes all the the time! They drop things just so I have to pick them up! Naughty boys!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
:popcorn:We eat popcorn while watching a movie. He eats apple while watching you. What's the difference. It is both entertainment.

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
It makes me think of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry states if aliens visited Earth who would they think is superior dogs or humans? Given that humans follow behind dogs and clean up after them, aliens would think that the dogs are superior. So I think that pet parrots have a pretty nice life, except they don't get to live in the wild, which would be better obviously: they have this gig where they have this woman who will buy and make their food, make their toys, clean up after them and all they have to do with eat and play

Happy to oblige

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
:lolsign:Yes all the the time! They drop things just so I have to pick them up! Naughty boys!
A sport in my home as well. Sometimes I think do not play into this...they purposely drop to watch me pick up. But they win as I do want the mess