• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Louis can fly!

slinky-kitty

Sprinting down the street
I have had my 2 budgies since May. When I got them they were clipped. Timmy's grew back after a molt but Louis's got damaged on one side as a result of "crashing" a little when I let him out of cage once after he'd molted and they fell out again. He now has regrown enough to fly! It was so lovely to see today. He was a little bemused but picked it up quickly! I'm so relieved and happy!:tweety:

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Very cool. When I first got Bella, she had such a severe clip that I was told she wouldn't fly for a year. It was a relief when she flew after 6 months.

CStone

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Awesome! I got my budgie in May as well and he was severely clipped. All of his flights have now grown in and he buzzes around like a crazy little bumble bee. It's so nice so see how much they enjoy flight. Nice to see others letting their budgies out of their cages for flight. It's such a confidence booster for them.

slinky-kitty

Sprinting down the street
Awesome! I got my budgie in May as well and he was severely clipped. All of his flights have now grown in and he buzzes around like a crazy little bumble bee. It's so nice so see how much they enjoy flight. Nice to see others letting their budgies out of their cages for flight. It's such a confidence booster for them.

So true! Mine are definitely more "well balanced" getting somme flight time. Each day one of them finds a new place he'll perch. Today, although a bit of a fluke, Timmy flew around the room and landed on my outstretched finger. They are not "tame" but are learning to trust my presence while they view the world on top of their cage! 20151011_091517.jpg