• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Baby Parrotlets!

jk0801

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jenna
Firstly I want to say hello! My name is Jenna and I am new to this forum and super excited to get a parrotlet! Although I am not a bird parent yet, I wanted to ask around in the parrotlet section to see if there is anyone in the New York/Long Island area who knows of any reputable breeders. I have been looking for a baby parrotlet (not totally opposed to rescuing an older one either but haven't found any rescues by me either!) but I really wanna know if anyone has experiences with breeders in my area that they would recommend. I found an adorable dilute turquoise male available that I am thinking of going to meet because he looks super sweet but I just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions!

Thanks!!
:D

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
There is a Long Island Parrot Society who might be able to better help you with breeders. Welcome and good luck.

jahpan

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Firstly I want to say hello! My name is Jenna and I am new to this forum and super excited to get a parrotlet! Although I am not a bird parent yet, I wanted to ask around in the parrotlet section to see if there is anyone in the New York/Long Island area who knows of any reputable breeders. I have been looking for a baby parrotlet (not totally opposed to rescuing an older one either but haven't found any rescues by me either!) but I really wanna know if anyone has experiences with breeders in my area that they would recommend. I found an adorable dilute turquoise male available that I am thinking of going to meet because he looks super sweet but I just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions!

Thanks!!
:D
It was a bit hard for me finding some in my area because I live in central IL, but I found the most helpful was that facebook might have a group for birds for sale in your area, like I'm apart of my facebook group called "Central IL birds for sale" type thing. I reccommend groups like this more than craigslist/hoobly because I felt like these were more real breeders and cared more for their birds.

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
I live in MA, and could meet halfway! 8)

beakybirds.com