• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue Mutation Caiques

Blue & Spud

Walking the driveway
Real Name
amanda

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Many people who really enjoy birds work with them in one form or another for many years.

Matt

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Actually, I don't think these are blue mutation caiques.... close, but not quite! ;)

They appear to be par-blue, aka partially blue, which means that they can still show yellow and green pigments in their feathers. There are par-blue and blue mutations in cockatiels, budgies, some lovebird species, indian ringnecks, and, I'm sure, some others out there as well. :)

Still, extremely gorgeous birds! :D

Blue & Spud

Walking the driveway
Real Name
amanda
The guy is quite well known for being the only Aussie to have bred them, that picture is quite dark I've seen other images of his birds that aren't that dark, they are pretty awesome tho. I've never seen anything but the three standard looking caiques. But apparently the ones with green thighs are extremely rare in Australia too. In saying that there is A LOT of rather common birds in the USA that are practically non existiant in Australia though. I love the blue headed Pionus but they don't seem to exist here at all.