• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ladder for 'tiel with bad foot

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does anyone have this ladder? Prevue Naturals Wonder Walks|Ladders & Swings from DrsFosterSmith.com
Wondering if it would be good for the 'tiel or if his bad foot might get stuck. I just want to put something across the cage horizontally. I do have a small platform that I will be using. Will also see if I can get some flat perches and place them low.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
What type of perch does he normally favor?

TWR

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I don't have it, but I'd love one or two for my budgie with bad feet. Just got to figure if I can get these in Aus, or if they will ship to Aus

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What type of perch does he normally favor?
At the vet's office they have a regular ladder with spaces between the rungs going across part of the cage horizontally. They use toweling and wrap it around a perch to help him hold on.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I think I might opt for a solid perch. How big are you needing to go across the cage?

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
You can secure fabric to a flat perch or to bendy ladder or any other ladder for that matter. For my budgie with crippled feet, I cover them with that furry material a lot of happy huts are made with.

What I like about that ladder is how you can bend it into shape to suit. If I can find one with reasonable postage to Aus, i'll get it - but I will still cover it with the furry material for his perching comfort.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You can secure fabric to a flat perch or to bendy ladder or any other ladder for that matter. For my budgie with crippled feet, I cover them with that furry material a lot of happy huts are made with.

What I like about that ladder is how you can bend it into shape to suit. If I can find one with reasonable postage to Aus, i'll get it - but I will still cover it with the furry material for his perching comfort.
That's what I liked about that ladder. My sparrow has only one functional foot and his perch is wrapped in a paper towel. He can't perch but he does put his good foot on it.
I think I might opt for a solid perch. How big are you needing to go across the cage?
Not sure which cage I will be putting him in right now. I'll see if I can a flat perch that will go across the cage and also try the ladder but cover it. I did see him climbing on the cage bars at the vet's office and also perching on a towel wrapped portable perch.

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
Pickles has a variety of perches for her splayed leg. One that is her fav perches are those wire perches that you simply hook on to the side of the cage that I made fleece covers for that slip on and off easily. I have a few covers so that I can switch them out to wash.....

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Pickles has a variety of perches for her splayed leg. One that is her fav perches are those wire perches that you simply hook on to the side of the cage that I made fleece covers for that slip on and off easily. I have a few covers so that I can switch them out to wash.....
Is that a wire platform? I think I have one of those that I'm not using. I found this video on youtube: