• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rosella's personalities?

PrettyBirdy

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Hi!
I came across a hand fed blue baby crimson rosella recently and have kind of fallen in love. I am wondering what Rosella temperaments usually are? And I'd love to hear about and see your own rosella babies!

Thanks!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I have no first hand experience owning a rosella, but @Mockinbirdiva may be able to answer your question.

Matt

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
It's been a while since I checked in so sorry I didn't share any info when you needed it. My Rosella was young when I brought him home. He was not a cuddly bird but would step up for me and did learn how to say a few words but preferred whistling the Mayberry theme song. They are fairly quiet birds, don't seem to be overly enthusiastic about toys but do love foraging. Mine always thought the food on the bottom of his cage was better than the food in his cup so it's very important to keep the paper changed since they are more prone to bacterial infections. I suspect because of their foraging behavior. He did love to be out of his cage, was nippy, and like many birds loved to dunk his food in his water dish. They do enjoy a bath and fresh foods. I would love to have another crimson rosella ~ but eight birds is quite enough for me.