• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"Yuckie" Tuckie is so cute!

Lisidou

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Tucker lives with my daughter at college. This is admittedly a brag on how cute he is!
He is typical playful Caique that never meets a stranger.....she called this AM and told me she and a friend were playing with him (shocker) and he was hopping around and giggling. By the time she tried to video him he stopped giggling. I have heard him do it at my house when she was home and I was playing with him on the kitchen counter. I was laughing and he laughed back! It was so cute.....
I know, no video, no proof! We will try and catch him doing it because it's so stinking cute! I am sure giggling is something he hears all the time because he is so loved and so much fun.
Had to share. Nothing better than a well adjusted and happy Caique!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I can picture a happy bouncing giggling cake so I believe your story even without proof.

Lisidou

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Gotta get it on video so I can have it to just play and watch at will when I just need a giggle myself!

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
I can picture a happy bouncing giggling cake so I believe your story even without proof.
me too lol. Mine go 'Awwkk nuk nuk nuk' really fast so I suspect that is what Lisidou is referring to.

Its their happy sound, like when you give them a piece of walnut lol.

I also repeat it to them often so they can see all is well in the world, papa is in a good mood.

....Or we could have a new species, the giggling caique. terrific

Lisidou

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Lol, no, it is actually a giggling (te he he) sound almost exactly how my daughter sounds when she giggles.
If that crazy Caique hears anything repetitively it would be giggling. So far the only other things he does as far as talking is wolf whistles and kissing noises all the time.
His happy happy noise when he has a nutraberri or gets his fresh vegis is a almost purring noise like a cat but higher in pitch.
I am in favor of a new species! The Yuckie Giggling Clown Caique!

Irishj9

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
This thread needs a soundtrack....giggling caique!

FLmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Oh how funny my caique does that too. He giggles just like we do. It's hilarious. I'd would love to see a video of it to see if it's the same giggle. My hubby and brother are always say "he doesn't talk what's wrong with him" (they don't get parrots ) but he sure does mimic sounds and whistles like a pro.