• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Not Sure Where To Post This.

carolz7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
carol
I have been in the bird thing for about 12 or so years now, and i am always trying to make my life a little easier as far as the cleaning goes. Here is my latest and greatest and best kept secret tip ever. Just purchased this vacuum that they use in hair salons, omg it is the best thing ever. My bird room is now spotless. The broom is from the Chinese markets and really gets all the feathers and dander nicely towards the vacuum. As soon as you get the mess to the bottom of the vacuum its turns on by itself and sucks up all the mess. Just thought i would share with you all.

Attachments

Shyra

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
I remember getting brooms like that when we lived in the Philippines. My mom brought a bunch back to the states with us. They are great, sort of like a cross between a broom and a dust mop. They really don't miss anything.

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
How big of stuff does the vacuum pick up? Walnut shells and such?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That looks interesting. I wonder how well it holds up to bird seed and hulls, shells, small pieces of wood, etc. Seems to have gotten overall good ratings on Amazon and other websites.

carolz7

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
carol
I go threw vacuum cleaners like crazy. I am going to pick up my large pieces of shells. Mainly using for all the mess and feathers and dander. And yes the broom is awesome it gets everything. There is a hole on the bottom about the size of a regular vacuum cleaner hose. I will keep you all posted on how long it will last. I am always vacuuming, so this way i dont have to haul everything out each time. I walk in the bird room and see a mess and i just crab my broom and clean we are again, lol

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I had a central vac system and the one part I loved the most? the vent at the island where you swept the dirt into. This works the same as this one only this is portable and I loved it, its still going strong and its been almost 6 years.:cool: