• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I got to meet some greys!

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
As I have said before, I live in northern Ontario, Canada and the bird enthusiasts are few and far between. One the weekend, I travelled out of town (3 hours!) to do some shopping and visit the Bird House. A lady who raises grey, conures and other larger parrots.
Well, I am smitten! She had 5 greys.... If not for my friend with me I would have stayed all day! :) They were beautiful and amazing! I don't want to get one though, unless an older bird came my way ( I am forty and it would not be fair to the bird to outlive me) The bird lady did say that I could get one in it's twenties but alas, I will just live through all of you with your greys and continue to enjoy my tiels.
I didn't take pictures, she asked us to leave our purses in the store part of the house, the birds were in the basement.
Oh, I am in love though..... *sigh*

Blue & Spud

Walking the driveway
Real Name
amanda
I've often looked on and envied African Greys, but I think they might be a bit full on for me :( but soooooo gorgeous.

Given your birds names, are you by chance a Vikings fan.. Lol (I love that show, gotta love a good Aussie farm boy walking around half naked all the time lol)

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
@Blue & Spud , I am a fan of anything Viking related... Including the half neeekedness..... HAHA!

I doubt in this lifetime I will have a grey, but one never knows.

Blue & Spud

Walking the driveway
Real Name
amanda
Rollo is my favourite if I ever size up to an African Grey I might just name him that lol ;)