• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Time for bravery, boys!

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Any updates on the big scary red bombs?
They have totally acclimated to having them IN the cages, but I see no sign of interest in trying out the balls! Any suggestions? :D

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is great! I was reading everyone's comments while laying in bed and literally "lol'd" which woke up the husband. He was a bit confused...then went back to sleep. Thanks for the entertainment!!! :laugh::roflmao:
Hey, we aim to entertain around here! ;) But seriously, these little guys (and girls) provide so much entertainment to me on a daily basis! Not just mine, but the others on AA as well! I trade lovie stories all the time with some of the people on here, hehe.

Beanurita

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Melissa
How about putting their favorite treat in it (if there is a hole on the bottom you can always clip it on too) If they are still "chickens butts" clip it onto the chains on the top? Pickles went in for the millet and the rest was history!

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How about putting their favorite treat in it (if there is a hole on the bottom you can always clip it on too) If they are still "chickens butts" clip it onto the chains on the top? Pickles went in for the millet and the rest was history!
Excellent idea! Millet MAY motivate. :)

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
I was going to suggest no millet for a few.days then put some in there to see if thatll get thier chicken bums in there...but i see that idea has already been suggested!

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was going to suggest no millet for a few.days then put some in there to see if thatll get thier chicken bums in there...but i see that idea has already been suggested!
Ah ha, millet deprivation tactics!

Kellie728

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
If you can get one of yours to enter the scary red bomb, i will get one for Argie and maybe Olive is she's good.

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
@fluffypoptarts , the Jolly Balls are a no go in your house? My Blue and/or keets are looking:knockknock: for a Jolly Ball to have some fun on:pillowfight:since Pickles isnt always in the sharing mood so keep us in mind should you decide to pass them on:marlenesmile:

*****EDIT*****
I still think you should keep going though as they will most likely take a liking to the "red bombs" in time but the above note of mine is just a side note for the far off future :)

Last edited:

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
@Kellie728 @Happynme The millet trick didn't work, they just dragged it out and ate it away from the scary ball! :D You girls want to try them on your birdies?
Lol! Smart lil devils arent they. Id give one a go if you decide to rehome it...but you may could drill a hole and attatch the millet to where they CANT just drag it out....
Or tie a rock to the millet. Theyll be forced to eat it in the big scary red bombs! :D

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
We texans tie rocks to all sorts of things...
Once had a dog that refused to stay in pen...hed jump or dig or climb the fence. So......big rock tied to long long tether. He could get out of pen...but that rock wouldnt let him go thru small places...so wed find him under the truck or 20 feet from the pen with the giant rock still in the pen. Kept him from running to the highway and didnt hurt him

Kellie728

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
If you are sure that they won't use them i could try and see if mine are braver than yours. Silly boys, they can be such chickens sometimes.:rolleyes: