• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I thought ekkies were "boring" lol

Nikkesha heath

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cookiesncandles
Hi,before I bought my ekkie I'd read alot from a few blogs that said ekkies were boring a quiet and can't handle noise or busy houses with kids ect..
As I'm writing this I'm laughing as I can hear my three kids under 9 quibbling in the living room then laughing and just be crazy kids
as usual but on top of that noise I can here my 4 month old ekkie joining right in and getting her 2pence worth its so hilarious that she has no words but the tones she uses are just like my kids.
I thought having a parrot would be like having a pet but its literally like having another kid to the point me and my hubby decided we certainly don't need anymore human baby's now haha x

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Inhave a Senny myself but yes!! They are not pets, they are much like little folk! I adore mine like she was my own 4yo kid!

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Bella is more like a 2 year old, getting into everything. I'm glad your ekkie is fitting in with your family :)

Nikkesha heath

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cookiesncandles
Inhave a Senny myself but yes!! They are not pets, they are much like little folk! I adore mine like she was my own 4yo kid!
Me too,Ive got chickens,cats and doves and I love them all to pieces but my parrots (in and ekkie) are something else they have so much personality even when they are not vocal...they amaze me :-D

Nikkesha heath

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Cookiesncandles
Bella is more like a 2 year old, getting into everything. I'm glad your ekkie is fitting in with your family :)
Haha thank you ive not had her long so im sure her naughty side will shine through soon...in a way im glad I have her while my kids are so young as her extra needs such as diet,going out for walks to the park,all the toys everywhere tie right in with my life already :-D

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
ekkies will always surprise you and keep you on your toes. amazing pets.