• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So blessed to have Hazel...

HazelBird029

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Archer
I remember walking into that pet shop for the first time. I was there meeting up with somebody that I was buying a large bird cage from. I looked up at the sign on the pet shop, which read in in bold letters, Pet World. I knew it was a home-owned organization with all sorts of exotic animals and normal ones too. I respected this place, they purchased all their animals from reputable breeders in the area that I knew about. You could simply walk in there and hold whichever animal you wanted to. I walked in, and first held their Yellow-Headed Amazon, Fletcher (she was their family pet). I then made my way throughout all the other animals, stopping at the cockatiels. I was enamored with them. That was when I decided I wanted one.
Well, a month later, on May 22, I walked back into that pet store and came back out with Hazel.
I just looked Pet World's site, and discovered that there was a fire there, only 3 days after I purchased Hazel. The owners were devastated. All the mammals for sale died, and so did all the birds, which included cockatiels, linolated parakeets, budgies, a scarlet macaw, two amazons, finches, canaries, and their own pet, Fletcher.
I'm so lucky to have gotten Hazel when I did, or she would probably be dead right now.
Thankfully they're rebuilding the store, with better fire-protecting and preventing fixtures, but it was still so sad to hear.

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Oh my goodness! That's so sad. Lucky for you and Hazel though!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh my goodness! Hazel is a lucky bird. What a blessing that you got her when you did.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
My goodness. You did save Hazel's life...you definitely are her guardian angel! :heart:

What a tragedy for the people who own the pet store...:(

HazelBird029

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Archer
My goodness. You did save Hazel's life...you definitely are her guardian angel! :heart:

What a tragedy for the people who own the pet store...:(
hehe, I think I need her as much as she needs me! :heart:
Yes, they were so upset :(

Susan in So Cal

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Oh my goodness! That's heartbreaking! I'm thankful you took Hazel home when you did!