• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Can anyone confirm......

Beanurita

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Melissa
.....the gender of these 2 2 cuties?? I'm told they are male & female but the look like both girls to me.....the white/blue one looks to be about 2-4m & the yellow/blue one is about 4-5m (I'm told). I'm looking at evening out my current budgie flock of 3 boys & 1 girl
image.jpg image.jpg

karen256

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I think they are both girls too, well the left one is for sure, and the right one is a little harder to be certain.

Tailfeathers

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Zach
You cant tell for sure until there cere turns blue or stays that fleshy color, and I think that's when then 1+ years old.

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
Gender can most definitely be determined much sooner than one yr old especially if one has dealt with budgies extensively........I know a few reputable budgie breeders who have just confirmed these are botth girls!!

Ravenstag

Strolling the yard
I think their both hens but I'm not 100% sure, i would reccomend you post this in talkbudgies.com "sexing budgies" fourm, they have several breeders who are exellent at this.

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
I think their both hens but I'm not 100% sure, i would reccomend you post this in talkbudgies.com "sexing budgies" fourm, they have several breeders who are exellent at this.

I did post there as well and they all said GIRLS!!!! Thank you!

I've learned a bunch through that forum for most my budgie specific questions!!!