• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

how old can a lori start talking

inkdmama

Moving in
Real Name
amanda
Just wondering how old a lorikeet may be before they can talk ?

Mines about 12weeks and I swear to god she said hello to me as I walked into the room today 20150817_132758.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I don't know but wanted to say she's really cute! : )

@JAM ?

Reactions: JAM

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Start as early as possible, lorikeets love to interact and will talk the house down. Their voices aren't as clear as some other species but if you keep on as early as possible you may get a great talker out of her.

inkdmama

Moving in
Real Name
amanda
Shes crouching down in the pic she plays this game where she lays right on her belly then pops her head up and head bobs and dances shes the funniest bird ive ever met and even my non animal loving husband adores her he spent most of yesterday constructing a large perch in our loungeroom she now has free roam of the house I catch her wen the door gets opend as im so scared of her flying away the lady I brought her off clipped her wing and its not done right :/ I think ill just let her feathers grow again and then never cutt them again

Attachments

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
My Lorikeet first started off at murmuring at the words and how I said words when I was teaching her. Paris now says 'Step up' 'Whaaat?' & copies whistles that I make. I also agree with @JAM , lorikeets don't have the best clear voices when it comes to talking. :)

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
Oh, and Btw your lorikeet is gorgeous,:heart:

CallmeSweetie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Andrea
Sweetie i think is 7 months, I've had her for 2 and she can say, not very clearly, but you can just tell

Good Girl
Wove Wou
Daddy!

She has the wolf whistle down pat although i didn't teach her that it's a bit embarrassing around others :)