• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

1 Year

Greencheek Lee

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Dude and Bailey were hatched 1 week apart and were in the pet store together, adopted together and never apart. My biggest fear was something happening to one of them and what it would do to the other. One year ago today we lost Dude. I'm glad I have a couple videos and tons of pictures, but I still miss him every day and still talk to him. My "man's man" boyfriend broke into tears again when I reminded him it will be a year.

He wasn't a cuddly green cheek. Quite stubborn like most. He did this thing where it sounded like he was blowing air from his cere, shor quick bursts. He would do it while he was dancing or just showing us that he was not going to do what we were asking. Sometimes he would let me hold him, and occasionally when he preened his back feathers I could sneak a tummy kiss. He seemed to really love his life and we lost him much too early, he was just shy of turning 9. I still blame myself no matter how many times by boyfriend tells me he just had a bad heart.

Bailey has proven to not only be the sweetest bird but also very strong as well. We got him a friend quickly thinking it would be easier to accept sooner than later. Toward the end of the first week we figured he may be OK as a single bird - if we didn't have to work. But he was welcoming to the new guy when the chance came. He still goes up to Dude's pictures sometime and stares. The little whine he had the at night doesn't happen every night anymore, breaks my heart when it does. I tell him the little guy is not here to replace Dude, no one ever could.

Baby Dude, we miss you terribly and wish we could've somehow saved you. I'm glad we were with you when you had to go even though it haunts us. I'm glad we had the time we did have with you even though it was cut short. I'm glad I told you I loved you at least 7 times a day. Life will never be the same without you.

Susan in So Cal

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:sadhug:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
i'm so sorry for your loss

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:sadhug2:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
The date of our companion's leaving for the Bridge is always the hardest on your heart.

:sadhug:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
:sadhug2::sadhug2:

Perriewinkle

Rollerblading along the road
:sadhug::hug4:

This made me tear up at work.. the bond is never loat or replaced.. the hole is simply patched a bit

BeakyBird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ashley
Fly high little Dude. You're forever missed, and remembered fondly. <3

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
We all remember when we lost a companion bird and there are no amount of tears or anything else that erase or remove that hurt. It does subside eventually but every now and then some little thing will trigger a memory. No-one can replace that one lost fid that most of us would give anything to have and hold again.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So sorry.