• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Time for bravery, boys!

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
I can just hear it now...

"MAMA MAMA the thing is trying to abduct me!

Lovebirds are slow learners. :lol:If at first you don't succeed, keep at it and Mom will surely rescue.

Step one: Remove the jingly ball of evil and watch it crash to the floor.

Step two: Bottoms up!

:toofunny:

Kellie728

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
How are the boys liking their jolly balls?

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How are the boys liking their jolly balls?
Haven't arrived yet! :D Oh man, I would definitely be updating you guys if they were already in!

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I have a jolly ball that hasnt been used and I have a dremel, hmmm, might drill a few holes for toys and see what happens. I can always put up top or the bottom of her cage or use her playstand stand :think1:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Jolly balls came today! I decorated them a bit and hung them up. When I put it in Termite's cage, he was like, "WHAT is that? Hell no, you're not going to show it to me up close! Are you nuts? Hee-HEE click click!!" :D

image.jpg

Twinkie was even funnier! He was like, "Holy s@&$, mama, that thing is a bird-eating monster!!" and he was out like a shot onto my shoulder. I put him back in with much alarm-squeaking at the scary red sphere of hell and staring at it from the opposite side of the cage.

I opened the door again to relocate some things and once again, he fled to my shoulder. Silly boy. I told him I'd never put any bird-eating things in his cage because I love him wayyyy too much! He was not reassured. :D Here's his:

image.jpg

Last edited:

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
My birds are boring, I always get them cool toys but they just end up ignoring them. :p

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My birds are boring, I always get them cool toys but they just end up ignoring them. :p
LOL, depends on preferences! Zazu seemed to really love defending his fort from the evil pens!! Maybe yours are more about playing like that rather than conventional toys.

Kellie728

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
There are so many toys in those cages that it's hard to believe Twink and Termie fit in there. :hehe:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Kellie728 Twink's was a real pita because of having to preserve his leaping paths, favorite places, etc! I found myself thinking, "Gosh, I need an even bigger cage for my flea baby.." :D Maybe someday!

Btw, I moved a toy from out of that corner and he was very disgruntled to have it near his other swing (guess he demands a clear view of whatever mama is doing from wherever he's roosting!!), so I'm going to have to find yet another place for it! Or just swap it out! :p

Kellie728

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
@Kellie728 Twink's was a real pita because of having to preserve his leaping paths, favorite places, etc! I found myself thinking, "Gosh, I need an even bigger cage for my flea baby.." :D Maybe someday!

Olive is the same way. Have to leave enough room for her fluttering. :rolleyes: Argie just needs a clear path so he can do his running man.:laugh:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Olive is the same way. Have to leave enough room for her fluttering. :rolleyes: Argie just needs a clear path so he can do his running man.:laugh:
Well she thinks she's a hummingbird, too! ;) Snerky's cage has enough clear space that she can fly around as she likes- and she does fly a lot!

LovieLuvr

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Christina
This is great! I was reading everyone's comments while laying in bed and literally "lol'd" which woke up the husband. He was a bit confused...then went back to sleep. Thanks for the entertainment!!! :laugh::roflmao:

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
Give it time! Pickles loves hers! She has the 10" though with all the toys. I got a perch put in hers since she has splayed legs to help her hang on better. Also has a ring on the bottom to have a boing from.......its not in the cage though.....I have it hanging in the center of the play area so all the bird have access :)