• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

circular wire rope holds to cage top via rods!!!

slinky-kitty

Sprinting down the street
I was fossiking through last night or night before and came cross a fabulous circular mobilehabging someones cage. It was very sturdy with thick rope on the circle and 3 thickish metal non flimsy rods joined above to a clip so it could be hung from ceiling if cage. I think there were budgies on it. I havem
not seen any available and they would be perfect for my two boys. They looked very sturdy. Does any on here know what imight be referring to or indeed the person whose photostos they are?! I was reading a lot about molting with other bits and pieces in between.....i wish id paid closer attention !!!! Many thanks

Shadera

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Shadera
Could you be thinking of an Orbit? Those are pretty popular toys.

slinky-kitty

Thank you for suggestion. No, it has just a single circle to perch on, that being horizontal then the three metal rods met in a cone shape to the clip to hold on top of cage...

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I was fossiking through last night or night before and came cross a fabulous circular mobilehabging someones cage. It was very sturdy with thick rope on the circle and 3 thickish metal non flimsy rods joined above to a clip so it could be hung from ceiling if cage. I think there were budgies on it. I havem
not seen any available and they would be perfect for my two boys. They looked very sturdy. Does any on here know what imight be referring to or indeed the person whose photostos they are?! I was reading a lot about molting with other bits and pieces in between.....i wish id paid closer attention !!!! Many thanks

Well, if you saw it on the web a couple of nights ago ... look in your browsing history which should show the sites you have visited.

slinky-kitty

Thanks @Jan it was on AA on a thread and I couldn't remember where....I spent ages reading a heap of threads Sunday! Tried to retrace but couldn't.....

Thank you @gibsongrrrl yes it is heaps similar to those but with sturdy metal instead of the three rope lengths attaching to the circle. It may well have been hand made/a good DIY but I'll keep my eye out and in the mean time try and find one of those in Oz.Really appreciate your help at least I know what to search for now!

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think you mean these:

Unfortunately, the company who makes them is no longer in business (Grey Feather Toys).

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I think you mean these:

Unfortunately, the company who makes them is no longer in business (Grey Feather Toys).

If that's the toy ... perhaps Doris (her Hubby) at Avian Stainless could create that or something similar!

slinky-kitty

They are it! Thank you so much all of you for your help identifying!!! What a shame they are no longer made they are fantastic. I live in Australia however @Jan will definitely consider getting in touch with Avian Stainless to see if can be made. I have a budgie with leg deformity and need to be careful what I purchase (no chains etc) and these would be perfect! @JosienBB I'm envious you have stocked up the looks of it!

Thanks again:joyful:

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are it! Thank you so much all of you for your help identifying!!! What a shame they are no longer made they are fantastic. I live in Australia however @Jan will definitely consider getting in touch with Avian Stainless to see if can be made. I have a budgie with leg deformity and need to be careful what I purchase (no chains etc) and these would be perfect! @JosienBB I'm envious you have stocked up the looks of it!

Thanks again:joyful:
They're not mine. They belong to @lotus15

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Yes, I adore those swings. I had a bunch custom made by Grey Feather Toys when they were still around. Sadly, my budgies have since passed away. Makes me miss them. I loved having adorable little toys made for them. They were so much fun.

slinky-kitty

@lotus15 I have read a little of your blog a while back - I found it inspirational! You gave me a new level of thought with my birds. I hope I can keep mine as content as yours were!

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
@lotus15 I have read a little of your blog a while back - I found it inspirational! You gave me a new level of thought with my birds. I hope I can keep mine as content as yours were!

Thank you very much :)