• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The Ultimate Visual Body Language Thread

AlphaWolf

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Abdel
Hello avian owners from all corners of the world,

Here we have a great variety of experienced owners with a great and huge amount of knowledge that needs to be shared too new owners to help them excel in their parrot keeping. My request is so that we can all work together and create a picture thread where we show parrots presenting different body language from as much species as we can. This will make it easier for everyone to not only understand but also to prevent bites and other behaviours. Thanks and bye :D

Cockatoo-Dust

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Skylar
This is going to be interesting, though it will be hard to do since every bird has different signs for a pending bite, or when he's calm, or when he's just having fun screaming.
I'll Start!

This is NOT a pending bite, This is NOT a bird that was having fun screaming or flapping his wings.
This is Butter, when he slowly raises every feather on his body, shakes them all at once, and slowly lowers his feathers again. That is a good thing! :)
Butter cockatoo.jpg

AlphaWolf

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Abdel
Its amazing! Actually Aero does this and I guess many other parrots too.. Its basically them ruffling their feathers, does he do this after a preen. Seeing this is a good sign that your fid is conmfortable. Still dont have pictures but found this amazing list of videos describing parrot body language.

Sarah13

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
My GW mac does this too. No anger or happy/excitement...just fluff and shake both when sleepy or alert. It makes me think of when we slowly stretch and yawn/pandiculate and then drop our arms back down and push out a relaxed sigh after the yawn.