• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Five Amazing Years

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Every year, people celebrate important dates. Birthdays, anniversary, and who knows what else. Today is one of those special dates for me. 5 years ago today, I brought home a beautiful blue budgie and became a bird mom.

The memory of that day is one that I remember so clearly. I remember silly little random details, like what we did before we went to the pet store, and me being so worried that we weren't going to make it before they closed. I remember getting home with my new budgie. My mom grabbed her out of the box, and I pet her head for the first time before putting her in her cage. My family helped me choose a name off of my list, and we ended up going with Weasley. I sat and talked to that little bird until I put her to bed. I was so happy that day.

Weasley passed away in 2013, but in those two and a half years she was with me, she showed me so much love, and taught me so much. Without her, and all of my other birds, I wouldn't be who I am today. They have helped shape the last five years of my character. They helped me become responsible, more loving and caring, and even to become an artist. With good, also comes a bit of bad. They've helped me become a neurotic freak. All pots and pans have to be checked, everything must be unplugged before we leave the house so that there is not chance of them being harmed, and I'll panic if someone comes in the house wearing perfume or essential oils. Being a bird owner also means that I will give unwanted advice to anyone else who owns birds. Trust me, I didn't WANT to tell my youth group leader's wife that her daughter letting her dog and African Grey kiss is extremely dangerous, but I HAD to. :hehe:

The past five years of my life have been amazing, and I hope they will continue to be. So many happy memories have been made, and I know that there are plenty more to be made.

Thank you, Weasley, for starting it all. You were such a special girl. :heart:

Weas.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Weasley was a lovely bird and very lucky to have had you in her life- as all your birds are. :) Thanks for sharing her story with us. :) (And I'm neurotic too...... I won't let my fiancé put cologne on in the house. So he now keeps a bottle in his car and puts it on there for when we go out. LOL. )

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you for sharing that special story. Weasley was very beautiful.

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Thank you :)

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Look what that little blue budgie started! Now you're a full fledged parrot mama. Thanks Weasely, we need all the good parrot people we can find. Maddy is one of the good ones.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Very special...