• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

don't you just adore

Lisidou

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
that wonderful sweet almost rose smelling breath that your Pi has when they are happy and content?
I don't know how to describe it other than flowery maybe like a subtle rose scent?
My daughter brought Grady over to spend the weekend and I am just so attached to that sweet angel. She loves me too......so precious.
Anyone else notice that smell their breath has sometimes? image.jpg

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
I don't have one, but it sounds wonderful!

Shadera

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Shadera
There's not much about pionus that's not to be loved! I'm missing my maxi something awful, and that musky, sweet smell is towards the top of the list of pi faves.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Grady sure is beautiful. And Pionus have the most wonderful smell.

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Pionus are precious

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I love to see Grady and are happy that you got some time with each other. ♥
I don't know how to describe it other than flowery maybe like a subtle rose scent?
A sweet adorable smell. Yes flowery is a good description. Did you know that they can smell more if they want?
When Eloy is "happy exited" he smells more. ♥

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Nerd did it, Lurch does it even stronger when he gets mad or happy, his choice. I also noticed that if their small starts to go more towards old wet wheat smell they are probably sick as every time Nerd started doing that he had a infection or something going on with him.

Lisidou

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Yesterday was my parents 57th wedding anniversary. Of course, Mom got flowers. And now I know exactly what that wonderful sweet rose smelling breath is that my darling Grady gets when she is a really happy girl! It is excactly the smell of babies breath! Those tiny white flowers that come with flower bouquets! How appropriate is that? My sweet baby darling gets sweet babies breath!
Next time you get or give flowers or are in a store that has them, sniff the babies breath and see if it doesn't remind you of your Pi!

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yesterday was my parents 57th wedding anniversary. Of course, Mom got flowers. And now I know exactly what that wonderful sweet rose smelling breath is that my darling Grady gets when she is a really happy girl! It is excactly the smell of babies breath! Those tiny white flowers that come with flower bouquets! How appropriate is that? My sweet baby darling gets sweet babies breath!
Next time you get or give flowers or are in a store that has them, sniff the babies breath and see if it doesn't remind you of your Pi!
OMG! I know exactly the smell you are talking about and I adore it :heart: Now, I feel like running to a florist and sniffing the baby's breath :xflove::smileflower:

Lisidou

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Do it! Every time I walk into the kitchen I now smell the baby's breath flowers and it is such a happy smell to me! Amazing to have made that connection. Such sweet little birds!