• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Atop the Head

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I spend part of many evenings sitting here with an eel on top of my head. Hey, if it makes her happy to hang out on top of my head (when she's not on my feet), who am I to argue? :)

Anyone else have birds who just love being on top of their heads?

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:needpics:

I cant hear what you're saying without a picture of your mako eel :giggle:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You guys have seen eel on the head pics, haven't you? :D

Kellie728

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
Both of mine love to sit on my head. They can survey their surroundings and I think they feel safe up there.

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, I've seen the head riding pics, but I never get sick of it :heart:

Thanks for obliging me :sneaky:

And, no, Leto never goes on my head. He's only ever been on my shoulder twice since he's been with me :shy: I'm trying to convince him let me give him da kisses :kiss4: But I think he thinks I'm going to eat him :oops:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, I've seen the head riding pics, but I never get sick of it :heart:

Thanks for obliging me :sneaky:

And, no, Leto never goes on my head. He's only ever been on my shoulder twice since he's been with me :shy: I'm trying to convince him let me give him da kisses :kiss4: But I think he thinks I'm going to eat him :oops:

Lovies view their humans as play gyms and strangely have no fear about being eaten by their people! They'll happily try to stick their heads into your mouth!

I'll try to get more pics of eel on the head. :)

JaclynBin

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jaclyn
Gem sticks to me like Velcro so I sometimes have to put her there if I need to maneuver a bit better and she seems to be quite happy. If I get visitors, she tends to claim their heads as her spot, particularly if they're tall - it's a great vantage point and good location to plot a way to get people to give her treats. And happily no one as of yet has had to wash bird poop out of their hair over here (knock on wood)

cupoftea

Real Name
Anna
I don't trust them when they're on top of my head! I hate cleaning poop out of my long hair. :eek:

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Happy says......
Snerky that is da bestest place for a girl to be isnt it!

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Yes, that way mama knows I am most important! I can also watch for the evil cell phone and threaten mama if she touches it!!
I dont cares if mama touches da cell phone....just as long as she dont gets its close to me. Then if she does...i attacks it and her! But usually just it. Mama has custom happy improved phone cases!

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gem sticks to me like Velcro so I sometimes have to put her there if I need to maneuver a bit better and she seems to be quite happy. If I get visitors, she tends to claim their heads as her spot, particularly if they're tall - it's a great vantage point and good location to plot a way to get people to give her treats. And happily no one as of yet has had to wash bird poop out of their hair over here (knock on wood)
Hehehe, I see you treat your little girl properly like the distinguished little princess that she is! ;) I wish Snerky would be nice to visitors. Alas! She lands on their heads only to get a good place from which to bite their ears!

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OMG! You've got to get a pic of her going into your mouth or even a smooching da lovie pic :smug: So cute.... In my mind :hehe:
You REALLY want me to get bitten, don't you! :rofl: I think you think I am the Evel Knievel of birdy wrangling! Snerky is not a mouth-diver - it's mostly my boys. I kind of wonder if it's one of those things that girls have too much sense to do!

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You REALLY want me to get bitten, don't you! :rofl: I think you think I am the Evel Knievel of birdy wrangling! Snerky is not a mouth-diver - it's mostly my boys. I kind of wonder if it's one of those things that girls have too much sense to do!
:laughing6::toofunny::laughing7: YAAAS! You are the evel knievel and lovie whisperer wrapped in one :pinklol2: It would be be equally wonderful if you got a smootchie pic with a senseless boy bird :excited2:

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hehehe, I see you treat your little girl properly like the distinguished little princess that she is! ;) I wish Snerky would be nice to visitors. Alas! She lands on their heads only to get a good place from which to bite their ears!
:naughty: I'll be sure to not come over when Snerky is out..... Or I'll wear my helmet :embarassed:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:naughty: I'll be sure to not come over when Snerky is out..... Or I'll wear my helmet :embarassed:
Lol you assume a helmet will keep you safe! :D She's a smart girl. What if she found a way INTO the helmet? :eek: Being in an enclosed space with an angry mako eel...!!