• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Senior parrot food experiences?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
There's no such thing as senior food. You either feed nutritious healthy food or you don't. Requirements do not change (except maybe a little less). There is no need to change their diet. Especially if they are picky and won't eat it.

It's a marketing ploy to relieve you of a few extra pennies.

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
I also feed Bodie Harrison's lifetime pellets, organic dandelion green ( I eat some too), Harrison birdie bread with sunshine factor, organic romanie. Heck he eats healthier then some people I know. No birdie Mcdonalds or Del Taco here :D

Parrot Hotel & Shop

Hit the Road
Real Name
Stephanie
There's no such thing as senior food. You either feed nutritious healthy food or you don't. Requirements do not change (except maybe a little less). There is no need to change their diet. Especially if they are picky and won't eat it.

It's a marketing ploy to relieve you of a few extra pennies.
Somewhat true, but I do know for cats and dogs they tend to make the senior food not as hard and easier to chew for their teeth. For the Roudybush parrot senior diet it does say that the calcium content is much higher which makes sense. Like us, our bones get weak over time when we age.