• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

want to guess?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
What this was this morning? 20150728_222740.jpg

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Wood? :lol:

RoxieW

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Roxie
Wow, you need to hire them out as wood chippers :pinklol:
Do you have any neighbors who need mulch, or it might be good as kindling for a fireplace, maybe you could make a little money from their deconstructed toys to buy them new ones to chip away at :laughing7:

Vegemite

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lynne
A bird toy?????

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Blue wood with rope?

InTheAir

Real Name
Claire
A very valuable wooden sculpture of a water nymph that you had in the living room? Maybe by some up and coming artist that would be worth thousands in 10 years time....

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Well bummers . . . . I didn't take a picture prior to the chipping project MC did. Now, I can't seem to get into Oliver's Garden website to snag a photo of a before.

MC has a stainless steel bowl in the bottom corner of his cage. I put little pieces of wood in there and stash things from time to time. Yesterday - I showed him this beautiful blue fish from Susan's foot toy bucket - and then dropped it into his bowl. When I returned home - no more fish. Totally, totally amazing what he did to it and, of course, he put the majority of the fish in the food bowl with the pellets that he's not enamored with lately.

@Susan and Oliver feel free to snag a photo of a blue fish that comes in your foot toy bucket and paste away on here.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
hmmm...you would think the person who made the toy would know. Was it something fishy I included in a grab bag?

Glad someone found it tasty ;)
Yep and "WAS" is the operative word.

It's okay though - he found Jimmy's claw where I had it hanging and managed to get it off the leather. Of course, it fell through the grates and cheated him out of a session of chewing though.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
A toy that gave its life so a psittacine would be engaged?

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Susan and Oliver

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I have to chuckle though since he manages to put most of the mess in one of his food dishes. He crawls down, grabs one, brings it up and destroys while he sits by his food dish.
Glad he realizes every morsel of a lobster is a valued resource. Chip it to bits. I had one fresh from the Atlantic, cooked in seawater and eaten warm on the edge of the shore Saturday. Blessings from the sea. Love where we live.

Macaw Lover

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Glad he realizes every morsel of a lobster is a valued resource. Chip it to bits. I had one fresh from the Atlantic, cooked in seawater and eaten warm on the edge of the shore Saturday. Blessings from the sea. Love where we live.
Just want you to know I am drooling here.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Have to say it was the best of the season so far. Cooking in seawater does amazing things to lobsta, new potatoes and fresh corn. We locals describe lobster in 2 ways when they are top notch...Sweet...Full. These were both!
Just a fair warning - we're planning on going on a vacation to your neck of the woods. I've added this to my bucket list of places I want to see.

We drove the entire length of Maine, hubby had lobster every day. We were blocked at the top of Maine because we didn't bring our passports or birth certificates. Couldn't even get on a boat!

I'm thinking the trip to your area will be a real win/win . . . . I can see where the REAL lobsters (like Jimmy) live!

Susan and Oliver

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Just a fair warning - we're planning on going on a vacation to your neck of the woods. I've added this to my bucket list of places I want to see.

We drove the entire length of Maine, hubby had lobster every day. We were blocked at the top of Maine because we didn't bring our passports or birth certificates. Couldn't even get on a boat!

I'm thinking the trip to your area will be a real win/win . . . . I can see where the REAL lobsters (like Jimmy) live!
Hope you will visit us. The south shore of Nova Scotia is awesome...Chester, Mahone Bay and Lunenburg!!