• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I have to move...therefore I have to downsize my flock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
How are you doing? Wish you could move closer to me then we could pool our resources. I live in senior housing and the rent is not too bad and the apartments are lovely here. Lots of storage and they do not count birds as pets.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm very sorry for what you are going thru :sadhug2:

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Update - I'm still trying to think things through. I'm not sure what I want at this point. It appears that I could save my home and stay but it would be a struggle by myself (financially and physically). BUT if some friends are willing to move in and help me that would be good for both of us. They could help financially and physically with the yard work and some up keep and they could save for their future home as well. We will see what God does for all of us.

I have my good days and my bad days. I do not sit and cry for long. I know that God is going to get me through this and I am more than willing to do His will he just hasn't shown me what His will is right now...other than to stall the process of losing my home.

I am still looking at other options; mobile homes; rv trailers; and senior centers. The problem with all of them is the distance of travel. I have to keep the fibromyalgia fatigue in mind when selecting a place to move to. None of them seem to say - live here, live here. I'm trying to go through every thing with an open mind. Then I get over whelmed and tired and have to stop and rest.

Thank you for your concerns and care. You all are so awesome.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:hug8:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I live in senior housing and the rent is not too bad and the apartments are lovely here. Lots of storage and they do not count birds as pets.

I'll make you a bet that once they house several macaws and/or large toos....they start counting them!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am the only one here that has birds. Few have dogs and many have cats. Seniors just do not want the added expense or work. I seriously doubt any person living here would even want a large bird.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
My neighbors on both sides and up and down are all hearing compromised. Some do not even bother with their hearing aids.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
lol I'm not talking about noise. The damage done by the larger parrots can be a landlord's worse nightmare. Dogs chewing doesn't even come close!

Most landlords think 'budgies' when you tell them you have a bird. ;)

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
My neighbors on both sides and up and down are all hearing compromised. Some do not even bother with their hearing aids.
I can understand that. I probably wouldn't either if I didn't work. BUT and I mean but. I've been hearing impaired since I was 11. When I got my first hearing aid around 45 the new sound that I could hear were awesome.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
lol I'm not talking about noise. The damage done by the larger parrots can be a landlord's worse nightmare. Dogs chewing doesn't even come close!

Most landlords think 'budgies' when you tell them you have a bird. ;)
You have a point but I don't have the HUGE macaws. The ones I have have damaged their tree. I know I'm fortunate.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I wanted a real house with a garage and basement plus some land. Ended up in a Mobile/manufactured home on it's own lot and foundation. I ended up with way more house then I could have bought as a stick built home. 4 br, 2 baths, master suite, 3 smaller but acceptable bedrooms, everything replaced or updated. Paid 115,900 for it and is cheaper with everything included then my rent was for a 2br POS starter house I lived in for 22 years because for most of that time my rent was dirt cheap and I had room for my cars and a big yard.
The taxes are cheaper too because it's like a used car to most banks and the state so I pay about 500 a year or more less then the same thing in a normal house.
I didn't get my garage or basement but with the money I saved I was able to have a nice drive through fence, a gravel parking area, and a 12x16 mini barn shed built with a loft that holds all my extra crap.
The key is to make sure it's on it's own land and make sure all the important stuff is redone or good and you'll get a lot more house for your limited funds.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I try to avoid my basement. It's lonely down there. My garage just holds junk right now.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I wanted a basement to stash all the extra crap we have that doesn't need to be in a damp cold garage. A garage is too precious a space to waste on a car:cool:
I've always been a gear head with many interest and I have cars, parts, electronics, whatever cool to me stuff Ive collected over my life. Parking, dry safe storage are important to me. I'd really love a dedicated garage/shop to stash my Dart in and work on stuff without filling and trashing the house.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
A dodge dart? My dad had one, I had to find a slant six once......

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Yep, mine has the original 318 with some minor upgrades, everything else has been upgraded to 340 specs as things broke or deals came up. Has 175k on it now and managed to drive here in 2012. It's a 69.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Oh my! That is so cool. Can't you build one of those aluminum buildings on the property? OR get another mobile unit and make it a garage.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
My property is pretty small, 51x110 I think so not a lot of room but enough to make a gravel parking area beside the house and put the 12x16 shed at the end of the driveway against my fence like a mini garage.
I have a 78 Dodge van parked against the gate and the Dart is in the back yard till I decide to get it running again and then I'll probably put it behind the van, maybe off to the side a bit. I've been thinking about one of those aluminum car port things or maybe the cheap vinyl ones to put it in eventually but just now starting to dig out of all the money spent recently. The van can sit till it rots, not worth anything really and great moving storage that if things pick up enough I'll tag and get low mileage insurance so I can use it when we need to haul or pick up big things. Right now both are on comp only, cost less then 10 bucks a year but means if I need to drive either one I call my agent and they can cover it for a day, did that with the Dart and 71 Scamp we used to have when we drove them here.

So your going to be able to stay where your at? or are you still going to have to go, or need to downsize to save money? Because if your still stuck, seriously a manufactured home can save you a lot of money and still get a pretty decent place to live as long as you understand how they're built and how banks and places feel about them.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Looks like I have to move but not right away. I have several dates with lenders before they can do anything at this point. So it's at least 84 more days before I HAVE to go and I think an additional 15 on top of that. I don't want to wait that long but I might. I haven't read all of the days they have to allow for the lenders to respond and then for me to respond to their response.

I'd have to have a lot to put the home and anything close to my job isn't allowed. Seriously - county rules don't allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.