• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Cricket's diet a work in progress.

cupoftea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anna
I feel like I'm trying to feed dinner to a child when I try to feed Cricket fresh fruits and veggies. She'll take one bite, then she's off to play. Then go up to her again, she takes another bite, and she's off again. Slowly but surely she is starting to like fruits and veggies. When I first adopted her, she hated almost every kind of people food except for apples. After becoming accustomed to the juice from apples, she's been willing to try bites of other foods. Today she even wanted to try bell pepper. She is a real character, when she doesn't like something that I give her, she just shakes her head and walks away. Gives me this face that looks like she's trying to tell me "ew, what are you trying to feed me, that's disgusting."

Over all, Cricket is an extremely high energy bird and sometimes barely even sits still to eat millet or nutriberry treats, which are her favourite. Playtime and finding good nesting spots are more important. :roflmao: She eats a lot less than Zazu in a day. Not underweight by any means. She's very fit and healthy.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
LOL! Sounds like quite the character! :D What time does she get her fresh foods at?

cupoftea

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Anna
Feeding times vary unfortunately because I don't really have a consistent schedule myself.