• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Carrier

phairat

Moving in
Real Name
Jonathan

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Personally, where aracaris have very messy stool, I would use something with a solid bottom that you can line with newspaper. It comes down to what your bird gets used to, and what you are comfortable with. I am not sure how the mesh would hold up to an aracaris beak poking it, but otherwise it seems to be very convenient.

Matt

Calpurnia

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Dom
Are you looking into carriers for transport only or outings?

phairat

Moving in
Real Name
Jonathan
I was thinking for transport.

For outings, do you mean take it somewhere but keep the bird in the carrier? Not clear what you mean by outings, I guess.

staryberry

Meeting neighbors
We have a cat carrier with a perch installed in it. It feels really secure and we can put newspaper on the bottom. We got ours when we picked up Mindo from EFBG, but I'm sure you could make your own!

Buttersquash

Meeting neighbors
Hi ~ I recently got the Celltei Medium carrier for my curl crested and we both love it. Very sturdy, but cozy and airy at the same time. He goes in it readily, you can hang toys in the interior on both sides, and the 2 little stainless steel food dishes are functional (he is able to eat out of them just fine). I got the option of extra wide (15") and also the wide panels (to protect the inside of the zipper, in case). The perch is a bit slippery but I just put some hospital cloth tape on them to improve grip. I don't plan on using the backpack style really, but it's nice to have that option (it has also a shoulder strap). All straps are detachable. The folks at Celltei are delightful too, and the product is made right here in NY (Brooklyn).

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Hi ~ I recently got the Celltei Medium carrier for my curl crested and we both love it. Very sturdy, but cozy and airy at the same time. He goes in it readily, you can hang toys in the interior on both sides, and the 2 little stainless steel food dishes are functional (he is able to eat out of them just fine). I got the option of extra wide (15") and also the wide panels (to protect the inside of the zipper, in case). The perch is a bit slippery but I just put some hospital cloth tape on them to improve grip. I don't plan on using the backpack style really, but it's nice to have that option (it has also a shoulder strap). All straps are detachable. The folks at Celltei are delightful too, and the product is made right here in NY (Brooklyn).
Never a good idea to put any toys, especially ones that can swing as they can then hit the little one and possibly kill the bird.

Buttersquash

Meeting neighbors
If you read on this carrier, they had thought of that precaution already Macaw Lover. It has extra D rings if you wish to tie down any toys.

phairat

Moving in
Real Name
Jonathan
Thank you everyone for the replies!

Slightly off topic, wondering if anyone has heard from EFBG? I am going on almost a month sans reply to phone or email.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Thank you everyone for the replies!

Slightly off topic, wondering if anyone has heard from EFBG? I am going on almost a month sans reply to phone or email.
I am not sure if this is the reason, but the wildfires may be effecting them.

Matt

phairat

Moving in
Real Name
Jonathan
Just an update - I did hear back. Things seem to be on track and he made no mention of anything being amiss at the bird gardens.