• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

masturbating on me

Chihuahua

Rollerblading along the road
My bird has tried to masturbate on me twice now.. should I freak out?!

edit: also according to an article i'm reading the way they masturbate is telling of their gender... is that true? Can I now save the 20 bucks and confirm that he is a male? lol

Last edited:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Personally, I wouldn't encourage the bird to think it is ok to view you as a mate. can cause serious frustration on the bird's part and sends the wrong message.

Chihuahua

Well I'm not going to let him rub his genitals on me, I was just wondering if I should worry about it behaviorally speaking. Like does the fact that he's trying to do that mean I should worry overall?

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
He likes you,,,, alot! :rofl:
And no, that is nothing to freak out about but you don't have to accept it either.
He loves you, he want to have sex with you, for him that is normal, so don't punish that behaviour, only walk away.

Heather F

Frodo does that to both me and my roommate occasionally. We shoo him away with a "Stop that, you'll go blind!"

Chihuahua

I did read that, but thanks for the link :) For the record, I only pet his head. He does spend a lot of time sitting in my shirt and I once caught him masturbating on my stomach when I peeked in, so I try to check regularly and remove him if he's getting freaky in there. He usually just hangs from my shirt collar though... good vantage point. But over all I'm doing things the way you're "supposed" to and he hasn't had any real behavioral problems. I've just removed him and put him back on his stand when he does it.

Last edited:

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
Well I'm not going to let him rub his genitals on me, I was just wondering if I should worry about it behaviorally speaking. Like does the fact that he's trying to do that mean I should worry overall?
lol, good. I wouldn't either. I just said that because there are folks that let that happen. I think removing him is just fine. That's what I would do when mine would try.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
edit: also according to an article i'm reading the way they masturbate is telling of their gender... is that true? Can I now save the 20 bucks and confirm that he is a male? lol
No, both males and females hump things and people.

Chihuahua

It said they do it in a different way though, not that only one gender does it.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
My girls will back into things they want masturbate on with their head lowered and booty in the air . I think the boys do the drop the booty/wiggle tail side to side movement.

Chihuahua

^^ exactly that's what that article said and I was wondering if I could tell my bird's gender by that for sure??

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
^^ exactly that's what that article said and I was wondering if I could tell my bird's gender by that for sure??
It's possible, but someone with a mixed flock might be able to give you a better opinion on that. I've only had girls, myself

Chihuahua

If so then mine is a male for sure :) I might still get the blood test either way though to be 100% certain

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I always recommend the DNA sexing. It might mean a world of difference if your bird would become ill. If you know he's a he, then egg related issues can be ruled out immediately.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Ah no...I thought Chya the sun was a he for years because she was always trying to rub on my hand or robe....till I came home to eggs after being at a conference for a week. Dr. O chuckled at me when I said that though...

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My girls will back into things they want masturbate on with their head lowered and booty in the air . I think the boys do the drop the booty/wiggle tail side to side movement.

Yup, boys booty down, girls booty up :)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I did read that, but thanks for the link :) For the record, I only pet his head. He does spend a lot of time sitting in my shirt and I once caught him masturbating on my stomach when I peeked in, so I try to check regularly and remove him if he's getting freaky in there. He usually just hangs from my shirt collar though... good vantage point. But over all I'm doing things the way you're "supposed" to and he hasn't had any real behavioral problems. I've just removed him and put him back on his stand when he does it.

I substituted a very lovely looking sandal. At least he thinks so. :)