• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

When are your Fids most talkative?

sgtpepper

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Raeann
I have noticed that Sgt. Pepper is MUCH more talkative while in the shower or playing in the sink. As soon as she hears the water her voice changes and she starts to go through her chattering of words and sounds.

I was wondering if anyone else has Fids that prefer to talk at strange times. ;)

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Bella is the most vocal when she wants something or wants me to go get her. She is extremely vocal when she wants to get off of her cage because I am mean and won't get her. She now can fly but she would rather be picked up. I guess that is why she is called the Princess. :rofl:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton talks when something catches his interest. He also has a lot to say when he goes into the shower with me, but he is most vocal when he gets attention from us...:)

Diesel13

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Miranda
Diesel talks the most right before she's going to sleep. As she's settling in she'll say every thing she knows over and over again, with kissing noises, "be quiet", and "night night" being the things she repeats the most. It's almost like she talks herself to sleep

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Milton talks when something catches his interest. He also has a lot to say when he goes into the shower with me, but he is most vocal when he gets attention from us...:)
You mean when he is telling you what to do or when he needs WET? :hehe: Milty is definitely a character.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This would be easier for me if you aked, "When are your FIDS the quietest?":wacky: My greys chitter chatter all day. Nothing annoying. When we eat they get a bit louder asking for foods as they want us to share. The zon girls also talk and sing through out the day, but at sun down they can get going. They especially with talk back if we talk to them.

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
Rhubarb seems to be a private mumbler for the most part. She talks to herself most in the morning, right after breakfast when she first goes into her day cage and greets all her favorite toys. It's only been very recently that she's actually said something when I was looking at her. I think it was "step up" but her cartoony cockatoo is sometimes hard to understand...

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Lurch gets noisy/talkative when I get home for the day. He gets excited that daddies home and the fun can begin, plops on me and chatters and preens when I head into the bathroom to take care of business and wash up. Yes the running water really gets him going too.
He usually says Hi Sweetheart or something when I walk in, then good morning baby boy, Hi, Hello, everything he knows once we make it to the bathroom.
He actually finally walked down my arm and hopped onto the sink top looking at the running water from the tap, hopped back onto my arm and slowly, carefully, walked up to it:huh: I think maybe soon he'll decide to play in it and take a bath, plus make a mess and talk, chirp, and preen like a maniac with some luck :rolleyes:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Most birds who live in flocks, are very talkative and noisy when doing flock things; especially bathing. I think it is a way of making sure the flock stays in contact while doing something that is not necessarily completely safe. My tiels also flock talk when they are actively foraging. They flock talk, or rather scream, when they are doing a flight panic, of course. It seems they start out with "flee, flee" and the calls change to "I am here, are you here too?" looking for everyone.

Emmie CAG talks the most when he hears me in the kitchen or the catroom and he cannot see me. We "talk" back and forth as I work. When I first go into the birdroom, the flock of tiels does a panic flight and their contact calls, during which Emmie is totally silent. After I am in the room for about half an hour, Emmie starts talking to me and interacting. He continues with the verbal interaction all the while I am there, during different "sessions". Emmie is the most verbal bird I have.

Sunny Senegal rarely vocalizes except as contact calls to me when I am out of the room. Once I am in the room, she is silent until she eats her fill of the treats I have brought with me and she settles down for scritches and cuddling against my cheek and ear. During that time, we have little whistles and clucks, chirps and kiss noises which are our own special language between us.

I have now had Oscar RedBellied for 18 months. Originally he was totally hands off except for step ups to be caged or for health checks every month. He was extremely stand offish and unhappy; he was with his original owner for nine years before I got him. Oscar was very noisy when I first entered the room or when I wanted to do something individually with him for the first eight months. He wanted absolutely NO hands on him, however, and I allowed him is choice. Over the past nine months, he has become much more interested in verbal interaction and is now tolerating me to interact verbally with him on a face to face basis. He has become so interested in interacting, he will verbally communicate with me for up to fifteen minutes, then accept a treat and take it and fly away. I feel soon he will be hands on. Oscar has a very loud, discordant contact call which he does when I come into the room, as I leave the room, and when he decides he wants to interact with me. Oscar also says his name, calls for "Kathy", yells "NO" and repeats "night night" often. I know he can say more words, I have heard him practicing them under his breath, but he has not actually said them to me.

The noisiest of my flock is the GCC, Boca. He is constantly yelling in his very loud contact call. He is an interesting bird, half loving and cuddly, half aggressive and bitey. It has been interesting to forage a friendship with him because he has a fear of hands. If he cannot see the hands, he loves to be scritched and petted; if he can see the hands, he bites, hard.

My canary, Kirk, sings at dawn, during the middle of the day, and again at dusk. He has a beautiful voice and I love his songs. He includes some notes from a mocking bird and from a cardinal in his song. He has no hens yet to interact with, and I am working to get him a small flock.

Generally, the flock calls aloud at dawn, during rain storms, especially lightning and thunder, and that is it.

all4stvoyager

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sara
My male ekkie talks on and off all day, but he often does a really cute mumble in the morning before he knows I am up...it's like he's practicing almost all the words he knows. I love it when he does that.My female ekkie doesn't use words. She makes a clicking sound that sounds like knocking on a door when she wants to communicate. Bella, my tiel, just chatters and whistles whenever.

SueA555

Real Name
Sue Anderson
Joey talks most in the morning, when he hears me moving around in my bedroom. He also talks throughout the day, but not as much.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Sweet Pea is chatty in the AM and if i leave and come home. Rocky was chatter box from sun up to no sun. after sundown he was mumbler, and mumbled his way to sleep every night.

Heather F

Watertime is Happy Squeaky Chirpy Singing Storytime. If the water is running, he's convinced there is a party going on.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Watertime is Happy Squeaky Chirpy Singing Storytime. If the water is running, he's convinced there is a party going on.
There is!

Milton da Too :umbrella2:

Frodo's Brother :gcc:

Chihuahua

mine is talkative in his own way though he doesnt use words.. he is quite vocal in the morning and goes through his reprtoire of chirps and screams a few times over as i make his food and talk to him