• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

birdtricks.com

emzymayzy

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
Does anyone use birdtricks.com
For help with their birds they have a youtube channel too check it out they are lovely people

Mer Boy

Walking the driveway
I use their free resources such as their blogs and YouTube videos, I think they are fantastic. However, I don't buy any of their courses because I think that they are overpriced and most of the information provided can be found easily online for free.

emzymayzy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
Yeah i think they are good and how they use their birds for magic shows and cruise shows id buy their stuff though like one day miracles stuff its like the dog whisperer but with birds im a big fan and they have just started doing tips every tuesdays

Chihuahua

Rollerblading along the road
The dog whisperer is actually really dangerous...

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
I looked up birdtricks.com on google and it said the site may be hacked?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
The Womack brothers are well known here. They are marketers from a ways back. They've gotten better in recent times and actually give away some information but their focus is to sell their wares.

emzymayzy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
The Womack brothers are well known here. They are marketers from a ways back. They've gotten better in recent times and actually give away some information but their focus is to sell their wares.
I love david wormack im obsessed with him i think he is really good looking for me lol

Chihuahua

Well there are videos online of him kicking dogs, strangling them until they can't move, some dogs he "trained" had to be put down months after the show was filmed because they became more aggressive, he causes dogs to go into shutdown mode by flooding them with stimulus etc etc...

emzymayzy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
Well there are videos online of him kicking dogs, strangling them until they can't move, some dogs he "trained" had to be put down months after the show was filmed because they became more aggressive, he causes dogs to go into shutdown mode by flooding them with stimulus etc etc...
Wow thats news to me i have been a fan him for 10 yrs

Chihuahua

There are much better training methods... dominance theory was disproven scientifically a long time ago.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Please do a search on this forum for past threads about Bird Tricks. Then, you will see why many people are against them.

They are sales people, first and foremost. There's actually a blog about how Dave Womach used a sales technique to buy an engagement ring! And hey, it worked!

Trainers and behaviorists such as Barbara Heidenreich, Lara Joseph, Hillary Hankey, Susan Friedman, Chris Shank, Jim McKendry, Pam Clark, etc... these people are not out to make a quick buck and they have studied behavior extensively. Sure, they may have services and products to sell, but they are not sales people. They don't take tried and true methods, change them, rename them, and then try and sell it to the public. They don't learn how to do new behaviors with their own birds, then turn around and teach the public how to do those same behaviors, yet charge 5x the amount!

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
I enjoy watching the birdtircks.com stuff, but I do tend to take that with a grain of salt. Like all things, use common sense when looking up things online and ask, ask, ask! That is what I do too! :) @emzymayzy this is the right place to ask. And yes, he is good looking ;)

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I get alot of my advice from BirdChannel.com Its totally dedicated to birds, they have bird games, humerous articles too :cool: