• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bella harness training

itsjoyceduh

Moving in
hi everyone I was wondering if anyone can tell me if what I am doing so far is "positive". I was told that because Bella is a baby she will move around if I try to put the harness on her.When i the harness on her she goes everywhere she moves around flys on my shoulder and I was told that this is normal for babies. Now my question is what do you think? Is this a positive action? After I tighten the harness and let her calm down a bit she is fine. She does not freak out or pick on the harness. I gave her some almonds and told her she was a good girl. I wanted to take her outside but the pet store owner did not allow me to but said it is okay for me to walk around the store as long as the harness is on. I wanted to give Bella a positive reaction to wearing a harness, and that is if she wears the harness she gets to go explore and go outside. She did love it when I walked around the store she was so curious head turning and everything.

The only thing that concerns me is that I am not sure if I am doing it right... She is comfortable once the harness is on it is jsut the process of putting it on was a struggle. Trust me I started to sweat because she would jump around my arms to my shoulder and fly off with the harness not fully on. I had to place her on the chair I was sitting block her so she wont fly away and quickly tighten the harness. I hope eventually this will get easier... IMG_5554.JPG I am trying to let her be comfortable with towel over her. And this is the first time she picking on the harness more like the leash part. I let her pick on it so she knows its not something scary.

I have a video of Bella walking around in her harness first time!

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
I have no advice! Just want to say how insanely cute!!!!!