• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Hybrid grey

Tinta

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I've seen a few supposed hybrid greys before.
All of them have looked mostly like congo greys. One was a very dark color, but otherwise appeared only CAG. Bright red tail, larger body, all black beak. The only difference was a slightly darker body and CAGs come in varying degrees of color as it is.

I recently saw a picture of one that actually looks like a mix of congo and timneh, but the owner didn't answer me when I asked if she was a hybrid.

_!hybrid.jpg

You can see mixed beak and a mix tail.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
thanks for sharing

petiteoiseau

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bibi
Hmmmmm, I don't know... the tail looks discolored or dirty more than two-toned and the beak could have had trauma. I always thought that Timneh/Congo mixes would come out darker than this bird very light silvery gray but then, you just never know with mixes...

Jan-Miami

Moving in
I love the colors on that bird, very pretty and it does look like a hybrid, my first time seeing a picture of one!

spurs21550

Meeting neighbors
I didn't think you could cross breed a Timneh and a Congo? :think1:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
This bird does have a Congo tail and timneh beak. Strange.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I didn't think you could cross breed a Timneh and a Congo? :think1:

There are many possible hybrids out there... generally speaking, if they belong to the same genus or are of a similar enough species (i.e. pyrrhura conure x large conure, large conure x mini macaw, large conure x amazon, caique x mini macaw[?], rosella x kakariki, rainbow lorikeet x king parrot, blue naped parrot x indian ringneck, rosella x mallee ringneck, etc), then offspring can occur. Generally speaking, the closer related the parents are, the less likely there will be for health issues. For example, I am not aware of any health issues in indian ringneck x alexandrine parrot hybrids, or any of the large conure hybrids (sun x jenday, jenday x nanday, gold cap x sun, etc) or the small conures (green cheek x black capped, maroon bellied x green cheek, green cheek x white eared, etc), but the further apart the parents are related, the more likely there will be for health issues. (sun conure x green cheek, hahns x large conure, etc)