• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Snowy Egret

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I completely agree. When I was on another forum there were 3 of us there. That would participate in bird photography & videos. Peter from Canada was another bird photographer & Matty from Australia would post great videos of his interaction with the wild cockatoos . Lots of members enjoyed this & participated. I'm trying to get them to join here to do the same thing. If members here just use the "Like" button I seriously think they will stay very long.

PS: We all left there because it became overrun with childish people & a lot of Drama.
I PM'd you because I believe we were all on the same forum some time ago ...

NB: It's been said that a multiple like or a love button would be nice. I think many people use the "like" button because there comes a time when saying "you have beautiful photos" sounds too homogenous but then again so is the "like" button.

Sir Peter was here and I believe Matty is on FB.

Last edited:

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm on my phone a TON more than my desktop! Many times without good service. Liking someone's post is, I feel, better than saying nothing at all. It's very difficult to post to threads on my phone with poor service. :)

Zeus

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Angel Miranda
Hi Sarah,
I understand all of you now & where you are coming from. Sorry I brought this issue up. This is a great forum. Yes I use to be on Tailfeathers years ago. My thread was called "Zeus" & it had a ton of interaction with it's old members. That forum went to pot after I left according to Boomer Girl "Deanna" who is still there.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Very cool pic! Thanks for sharing. I always take a peek when I see your posts in Bird Watchers Row.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Hi Sarah,
I understand all of you now & where you are coming from. Sorry I brought this issue up. This is a great forum. Yes I use to be on Tailfeathers years ago. My thread was called "Zeus" & it had a ton of interaction with it's old members. That forum went to pot after I left according to Boomer Girl "Deanna" who is still there.

Why sorry? You got us all talking and interacting. I'd say that's good, even if it isn't a bird related topic. :)

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:agreed::hug8:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Yes, thank you @Zeus. We've got a full house - eldest son came out from the city for the weekend and youngest son & GF have been over pretty much every day. They've been having problems with one of their neighbors @ the apt. complex the live in (nearby) so they relax here.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lovely photo Dan! I always enjoy your talent for catching wildlife at their most beautiful!

Chihuahua

Rollerblading along the road
I don't always have the emotional energy to comment on something and it seems silly to just write "nice pic" so I think the like button is a great feature. Some people just don't know what to say or don't have the "spoons" to write something out. (spoons are a measure of emotional/mental energy--very interesting subject)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful picture. You have a wonderful eye for composition.

Buzzard

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jess
Beautiful picture, I love Egrets' eyes!