• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Good deal on Hoover Turbo Scrub Carpet Washer

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Went to our closest HD and picked one up, reviews are great, even better then the combo steamer one, has a better warranty, full 2 years. Their extra 2 year extended everything warranty is a extra 18 bucks for those that care.
Thanks for the heads up, carpet here is three years old and the traffic areas and areas by the chairs is getting beat up and getting dark spots. This is what we have been sorta thinking of getting to deal with spills and dirty spots.:highfive:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I love ours, it's close to that model just without the heat. May do a floor this weekend.....

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
With a baby in the house now I feel like I need one!

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
She's going to kill me. But yes. You know all of the crap like ring worm (it wasn't ring worm, but I can't remember) that kids bring home from school? She got tired of itching and bathed in the F10 - it cured the stuff.

:jawdrop1: Really? Your going to make me out to be the wacko when you know darn well your as wacko about F10 as I am! :laugh: Telling me you would not bath in it if you had some creepy crawly something that came home from a public school? :rofl: Kids are gross! I can't even remember what it was either but I would do it again! :p

We do use it on horses at work, fungus's, ring worm... just about anything weird. I'm also not afraid to admit I dunked Binky in the stuff, which I might add my current vet found brilliant. :laugh:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
^^ How did Binky feel about that?! :roflmao:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We do use it on horses at work, fungus's, ring worm... just about anything weird. I'm also not afraid to admit I dunked Binky in the stuff, which I might add my current vet found brilliant. :laugh:

What's the dilution for that? Do you spray it on? I've been fighting a recurring skin yeast infection on my dog for what seems like forever :(

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

What's the dilution for that? Do you spray it on? I've been fighting a recurring skin yeast infection on my dog for what seems like forever :(

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
^^ How did Binky feel about that?! :roflmao:

He did not seem to notice. :)

I started testing it at 1/500 spraying it in a small area and watching it for a few days. I bumped it to 1/300 and did the same.

Binky is so feathered you can soak him and his skin stays dry so I showered him with water before spraying him fully. The end treatment was showering him with water, spraying him with 1/250 spray for 10 minutes and leaving him to dry. We did that every other day for 3 treatments.

Of course it did not work but it was worth a try. Being the honest person I am my first vet would not recommend this to me ( he won't research F10 for its uses ) I did it without consent. Binky just went in for a biopsy with a new vet and I told him what I had tried. His words were "genius" to my treatment. :) both highly regarded avian vets.

Should I do a disclaimer? Lol

Dont try this without your vets consent!

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He did not seem to notice. :)

I started testing it at 1/500 spraying it in a small area and watching it for a few days. I bumped it to 1/300 and did the same.

Binky is so feathered you can soak him and his skin stays dry so I showered him with water before spraying him fully. The end treatment was showering him with water, spraying him with 1/250 spray for 10 minutes and leaving him to dry. We did that every other day for 3 treatments.

Of course it did not work but it was worth a try. Being the honest person I am my first vet would not recommend this to me ( he won't research F10 for its uses ) I did it without consent. Binky just went in for a biopsy with a new vet and I told him what I had tried. His words were "genius" to my treatment. :) both highly regarded avian vets.

Should I do a disclaimer? Lol

Dont try this without your vets consent!

Thank you Sarah :) Is there an idiot proof way to do the math on dilution? I've had it here forever but chicken out every time when I look at how to dilute it :facepalm:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
@TMS - do you have a four cup (or one cup or two cup) measuring cup? If so there is a ml (or cc) scale on it as well as the oz. or cups measurements. One litre = one thousand milliliters (ml). Fill the cup to 500ml and add one (1) ml of F10 - you have a 1/500 ratio of F10 to water. Fill the cup to 250ml and add one (1)ml of F10 - you have a 1/250 ratio of F10 to water.

OK, if you are going to put 1 gal. of water at a 250/1 (Water/F10) on your carpet cleaner you need to convert the gallon to milliliters ( 1 gal. = 3785.4ml). 3785.4/250 = 15.14ml (of F10 to make it a 1/250 ratio of F10/water).c
3785.4/500 = 7.57ml of F10 for a 1/500 F10 to water solution. Round the amounts of F10 off to nearest whole number - doesn't make a gnats a$$ of difference in those quantities.

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@TMS - do you have a four cup (or one cup or two cup) measuring cup? If so there is a ml (or cc) scale on it as well as the oz. or cups measurements. One litre = one thousand milliliters (ml). Fill the cup to 500ml and add one (1) ml of F10 - you have a 1/500 ratio of F10 to water. Fill the cup to 250ml and add one (1)ml of F10 - you have a 1/250 ratio of F10 to water.

OK, if you are going to put 1 gal. of water at a 250/1 (Water/F10) on your carpet cleaner you need to convert the gallon to milliliters ( 1 gal. = 3785.4ml). 3785.4/250 = 15.14ml (of F10 to make it a 1/250 ratio of F10/water).c
3785.4/500 = 7.57ml of F10 for a 1/500 F10 to water solution. Round the amounts of F10 off to nearest whole number - doesn't make a gnats a$$ of difference in those quantities.

Thank you, so much simpler than I was making it out to be!:think1: Also thank you for the bolded part, being slightly off scared the hell out of me! :jawdrop1::lol:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Also thank you for the bolded part, being slightly off scared the hell out of me! :jawdrop1::lol:
Rule number 6 - don't sweat the small stuff.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Omg, I wrote this and it never posted :laugh:

I just use a syringe (as they measure in ml) to draw up the amount of F10 I need and follow this guide:

"General disinfection at 1:500 (2ml in 1 litre)

High level disinfection against bacteria, fungi and most viruses at 1:250 (4ml to 1 litre)

For use against the most resistant viruses such as Parvovirus or PBFD at 1:125 (8ml in 1 litre)" fromF10Biocare - Product Information - F10SC.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
My carpet cleaner arrived about 10 days ago. I let the box with the carpet cleaner in it sit in the middle of the living room for a couple of days. No changes in my carpets. So I decided that maybe it needed to be out of the box. I took it out of the box and put it all together. It sat there for another couple of days and still no change in my dirty carpets.

Today I fired the carpet cleaner up and cleaned the carpet in my bedroom - hooray. I used 1/250 F10 and it did a great job. Of course, my bedroom carpet is the cleanest carpet in the house. Wait until I get to the living room where there is a big time traffic pattern.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Yeah ours is sitting in its open box in the dining room, hasn't cleaned the carpet worth beans. We have Folex and poopoff and I bet it would do great with it and pretty sure both are pet safe too.
Be interesting to see how it does with your traffic areas if we don't hit ours first. Last few weeks would have been perfect as it was in the mid 90's to 100 for most of it.
Kinda hard to clean when your melting and worked all week in it.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Oh my, I have to clean my carpet AT A MINIMUM of once every two weeks. I could not live without my cleaner! I only have carpet in two rooms and they are awful all the time.... even though no one wears shoes in the house. Well, at least not while I'm home...

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Yeah, after getting a house where everything has been painted, replaced, carpeted, I know the feeling. Every time we see a spot the folex or poopoff comes out and I've already treated the dark spots a few time where our feet end up when we're sitting in our favorite spots. Trying not to put holes in the walls or floors too but at least it's my house now so I can put holes or change things as I see fit.