• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

routine

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh yes, our routine is pretty set since I work and want to make sure they all get as much time out of their cage as possible. Funny though if I try to give them an extra hour at night, they all get somewhat naughty getting bratty. I also have several that need regular medications.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
We have a routine that's almost the same every weekday, but sometimes there will be days that the routine has to be changed. This never seems to upset the birds too much, and I still always try to give them plenty of out of cage time. Weekend routines are different than weekday routines, and the birds know the difference and have no problem adjusting to the weekend schedule. Bedtime is always at 7:00, and boy, that is one time that they let me know if I'm off schedule. They all love going to bed!:sleep:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
We have a morning and dinner/bedtime routine. And a bathtime routine. In between morning and bedtime varies depending on whether I'm working or not, if my fiancé is home with Sunny, etc. But the dinner/bedtime routine has made life much easier/simpler for us.

noelletulip

Meeting neighbors
Tulip absolutely does have a routine which makes things easier/happier for all of us...and if I try to keep him out later than usual he turns into a little brat as well!

Chihuahua

Rollerblading along the road
currently it's different basically every day bc my work schedule is weird but i got it set to a regular 5 days per week 8 hours per day schedule so now i need to figure out the best time to sleep and such, but he will be getting more out of cage time on a regular basis.

SueA555

Real Name
Sue Anderson
Joey has a routine, but lately he's been rebelling just a little bit.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Absolutely! Everything related to my fids centers around routine. That's the only way I can equally manage my flock of 9. I even feed them in a certain order, and take them out in a certain order. And they absolutely know when it's their turn to come out! It's so cute to see them waiting for their turns.

msplantladi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Yes, Yes and more yes...birds need a routine worst then human kids. But I do change it up alittle every now & then just to keep them used to change so when the routine is disrupted they don't freak out.

emzymayzy

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
Yes, Yes and more yes...birds need a routine worst then human kids. But I do change it up alittle every now & then just to keep them used to change so when the routine is disrupted they don't freak out.
you have beautiful macaws

emzymayzy

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emma
All these birds I see on this site makes me really broody for more birds how do I control the urge to get more birds because right now I have to wait to get rid of my gerbils because I have no space really I do but I don't if you get what I mean

Bird_lover6

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
Harry and George have a general routine, but I purposely vary just a bit two or three days a week, so they don't get so accustomed to their routine that their are anxious and thrown off if I can't abide by it.

jeme3

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Julie
We've got a pretty regular routine, but not so strict that if it varies it causes problems.

I think most animals, and people, do best with some sort of routine.

msplantladi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
you have beautiful macaws
oh thank-you but don't let that beauty fool you...the big red scarlett has been know to take serious chunks from my arm. The Military can be a lover when she wants to.I have had them a yr 7/2.