• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Worth looking into these RLAs?

Flipburry

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sebastian
Some of you may know my GCC Kiwiberry passed away recently and that I'm looking for a bird for when I feel a bit more ready. I'm looking into amazons; especially red-loreds, and I'm looking into african greys as well.

There's a guy I found that has 2 RLAs (2 BFAs and I think he has 2 YNAs too) that used to be really tame, but aren't as tame anymore as they've been housed in a big indoor aviary (with these other zons i'm assuming).
There's a male and a female; the male is a year old and the female is 2 years old.
Considering contacting him, to find out if they're a breeder pair and I wanna find out how bonded they are to each other as well. If they're a breeding pair or just really bonded I don't wanna split them up.

I talked to a friend about this too but she said there's a large chance it'll turn into a screamer, which made me doubtful whether or not to contact the guy.
-
What do you think?

Flipburry

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sebastian
Yeah, I've talked to him but the whole thing seems a little fishy, trying to set up a time to meet with him, just to see if they actually exist and whatnot.
I don't do very well with strangers so I'll be really nervous!

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Can you take someone with you?

Flipburry

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sebastian
I've tried, mum is totally against me getting another bird (at least a bigger bird) and yesterday I found out she's deliberately trying to mess this up for me.
Her brother is busy. I tried to get my dad to take me, but he wouldn't, which didn't surprise me, our relationship isn't exactly the greatest.
I might just try to walk there today and hope for the best, I'm just scared I'll get hurt (physically) and/or kidnapped. Paranoid much? Nah!

redlored

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kim
I just read this thread. How did it go?

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Do you still have your eclectus? How's he doing?