• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poor Tucker.

Lisidou

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
We are leaving on vacation so my Mom who lives with us will be bird sitting. Wait, probably need to reverse that. The birds will be in charge of parent sitting my Mom and Dad. That's more like it. All birds will be here. Only one I am a tad concerned about is Tucker. Wild man WBC.....he will have to stay in his cage the entire time we are gone which will royally piss him off. No way should Mom let him sneak out or she may never get him back in. Goober squeals as it is and fights being put back in there now. Spoiled brat. He won't let go of us and tries his best to run back out when we try to close the door. He will be one angry little birdie when we get home. Lol. Plus, we miss his hatch day while we are gone! His first BDay and we won't be here.....
His favorite thing in the world to eat is a nutra berry so we will deprive him of them for a week before we go. Hopefully them Mom can drop one through the cage bars into his vege bowl to distract him while she removes his harrisons bowl and water bowl to clean and refill. Brat knows how to open his doors so they have to be fastened shut. Ugh. Crazy Caique! Love him to pieces though. Will be interesting to hear the stories when we get home.....stay tuned. Not leaving for awhile just preparing Mom for her life with 2 Pionius who will be good girls, 1 BF Amazon who will be a good boy and Tucker......oh boy.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Awwwwww how could such a cutie be such a brat:lol::hug8:

Lisidou

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Cutest little brat ever! Like a 2 year old toddler all.the.time!

Newbie GCC

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
A caique being a brat? Noooooooo!! :lol:

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
Maybe he can come over to my house and rule over me,:lol:That face can't be ignored, I don't think all of tuckers "slaves" wouldn't stand a chance,:hehe:

Ronna

Moving in
Real Name
Ronna M Wickham
Yes, they can be a handful to get back in the cage. My sister and a cousin watch Petrie for me on the rare occurrences I have to be away, and they have both learned how to get him back in. He likes to fight it, but when he sees we are insisting, he becomes resigned and steps onto his cage perch, very dignified. Good luck!

Lisidou

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
It all went well. Mom only reported one "small incident" where she didn't realize she didn't latch him in and when she went by his cage to feed Lilly he grabbed onto her shirt and hitched a ride. She had a hard time (in her own words) getting the "little s#!t" off her shirt and back into the cage, squealing like a stuck pig all the way.....lol. He is one happy boy that we are back. Out of the cage as much as he possibly can be!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
She had a hard time (in her own words) getting the "little s#!t" off her shirt and back into the cage, squealing like a stuck pig all the way
:wideyed::rolleyes::lol:
I hope you did have a nice vacation? :)

Lisidou

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Yes, it was great! Thanks! Missed my sweet babies though. Got home and then had to leave the next day for a business trip. Came home from that and stayed 3 days then gone again for another business trip. Everything was so stacked up. Poor baby Lilly (the BH Pionus) was so excited when I finally got home. She was frozen still as I walked in the room and then squealed in delight and made herself so fluffy and big, strutting around. Very clingy now......❤

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I enjoyed the stories in this thread :loveshower:

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Sounds like Tucker is a hoot! I love the name too.

Perhaps you can work on training him to go back in the cage. Use the nutriberries, then and only then if that is his favorite.

I have six caiques and 90% of the time they go in without incident. Here are a couple videos to show you how it is done (or not). These are mine :)

This is Rainey. You could call her a brat, and a smart one at that.

This is Quackers, he is a pro. Besides Turbo, who sometimes dives into his cage head first in the hopes of getting his treat, Quackers is the easiest to get in.

Lisidou

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
Nutraberries are his fav for sure and he will go back in for them. He is so smart that he has learned to come piling out in hopes of getting one for going back in. His other fav thing is shelled raw sunflower seeds. He plays fetch and basketball for them. I have a fetch video and will see if I can upload that. Will have to take a basketball one. Smartest little stinker

Tried to upload fetch video but error message says it say doesn't have an allowed extension?
Have to figure out how to do it.....I am a techno tard

Last edited:

faeryphoebe1

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
View attachment 202249 [/QUOTE]

There he is, in all his beautiful glory!
That personality is truly endearing.

I love how he "squeals like a stuck pig" when he doesn't want to go back in his cage. That's too, too adorable!
I wouldn't try to change that about him. ♡♡♡