• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

PVC play stand plan

BigMacWonder

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anne
I am planning to build a pvc play stand but I am not really have talent in this area. Did anyone of you have a plan to share? Please if you did.

Thanks in advance!

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm paying close attn to this thread :wideyed:

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Me too. If you check youtube there are some on there. I made playstands with trees, but the PVC is lighter and likely more portable.

BigMacWonder

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anne
Me too. If you check youtube there are some on there. I made playstands with trees, but the PVC is lighter and likely more portable.
I watched youtube clips, as someone who never use a saw nor know how to use it... I am worry about my poor fingers. lol.

I plan to build a play tree too :dance4::dance4: Do you have pictures and tips to share? :D:xflove::joyful:

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
@BigMacWonder yes I have pics, will post them tomorrow. I did a huge gash to my left thumb this winter making it, eight stitches and lots of pain! The whole thumb from nail to hand along the bone with an exacto knife! then I cut open the top of my right hand with a wire hanger..... Sigh, the things I do for my fids.
I think PVC is fairly easy to work with if you have a right pipe cutting tools. I say that and then think, I would likely hurt myself. LOL

BigMacWonder

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anne
@BigMacWonder yes I have pics, will post them tomorrow. I did a huge gash to my left thumb this winter making it, eight stitches and lots of pain! The whole thumb from nail to hand along the bone with an exacto knife! then I cut open the top of my right hand with a wire hanger..... Sigh, the things I do for my fids.
I think PVC is fairly easy to work with if you have a right pipe cutting tools. I say that and then think, I would likely hurt myself. LOL
Thanks a bunch, Odin!!! OUCH...poor thing, that sound very painful especially the first accident. I hope there wasn't any long term damages been done...

Ok, pipe cutter! I didn't even know I need that..I thought I should cut with saw!:faint:

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
1xZ4UL0-oZI I found this on you tube, think its just what you are looking for the title is DIY:pVC Bird Play Gym :cool:

BigMacWonder

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anne
Thank you hun!! My fids thank you too!!!!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Doublete

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Katie
I bought a hand held pipe cutter. Needed a little hand strength but it was easy.
I built a stand much larger than I planned.... But it was easy peasy

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I bought a hand held pipe cutter. Needed a little hand strength but it was easy.
I built a stand much larger than I planned.... But it was easy peasy
Pictures?

Wulfgeist

Strolling the yard
I have been wanting to make one for Albert to give him another place to perch and play. Thanks for sharing some of these.