• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Larry Bird

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
And where are the Love button? Really love it! ♥

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
That is an awesome cage! Larry is a lucky bird

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
That is a nice cage for him!

Matt

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
I love it!:D I was looking at the same cage on EBay the other day and it was big. But Since you posted it on here it's actually bigger than what I thought!:wideyed:

CrestieLover

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ellen
I am now satisfied that he will have enough room when he HAS to be in a cage (not when I'm home though!).

He started off in a nice flight cage that was a decent size but I didn't like the boxie shape of it. So the hunt began to find another home for Larry......

I got a really nice looking corner cage off craigslist. It was just too small for my Larry. Back into the flight cage he goes & the search is on again.....

The next one came from Petco, was a great deal as far as cost & size goes, BUT, I absolutely hated the brown color in my living room. I tried & tried to like it but I couldn't - it gave me anxieties just looking at that color. Back into the flight cage.....look, search, Google - gotta find the PERFECT cage.......

Found the perfect one on Craigslist that was over 2 1/2 hrs away - I kept searching but could not find that same style cage in the same color & my price range..... I wanted this cage so bad......hubby finally talked the guy down on his price a little so I could afford to go get this cage.... a lot of petsitting $ was used to get this wonderfully amazing perfect home for my Larry Bird!!!

And to make it more over the top great....the annual bird fair was today so I went & got him so many toys.

The search is over & Larry loves his new 'apartment'.

Oh yea, while searching, I got a 25" wide California King Cage off craigslist for $50. I have put this one my back deck so he can enjoy the outside & not be confined to a small cage outside either. Can you believe that!!!!

I am so grateful to have Larry.

Oh yea, AND the playgym is on the correct side - so he can play on top & still have his outside window view.

Last edited:

CrestieLover

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ellen
@firdy num num, I can't say how much WE love this cage, the size & color.

I really do not like the dark colored ones. They look depressing to me....like a CAGE. This is a 'fresh' happy home color.

I say get one!!! You will ♡ it.

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
love his new cage ! he has lots of room now for sure to play.

CrestieLover

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ellen
Our 1st shower together today. We took it slow. I didn't want to scare him of the shower.

My husband thinks I'm totally nuts I'm sure. He doesn't 'get the bird thing'. But, he happily helps me when I want to make or modify something for Larry....or.going on a 5 hour round trip for his new house. 20150530_144410.jpg 20150530_144341.jpg 20150530_144343.jpg

Last edited:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
And he really seems to enjoy it! ♥

CrestieLover

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ellen
@Applebutter thanks! We love his new apartment. And it's not an eyesore in the living room. He is really exploring his new area. Funny thing though, he's never in his apartment when I'm home - only when I'm at work. And at night he sleeps in his night time house in our bedroom.

@Eloy - Larry did seem to enjoy it. I felt comfortable doing it today because I could put him outside with the other Pope Pack to dry while I cut the grass. Yes, hubby says I'm odd because I take a shower before & after cutting grass. I just feel sticky if I don't.

Kellie728

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
He looks so tiny in there. The king of his castle. :) Awesome cage.

CrestieLover

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ellen
20150426_182637.jpg

He likes his downstairs playgym too..... I really do think the larger the better where Larry is concerned. Thanks goodness for craigslist. I could not afford these wonderful things otherwise.

CrestieLover

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ellen
Can't forget to post this one: we learned how to drink from the faucet this week.. 20150528_114838.jpg

CrestieLover

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ellen
Video of his 1st time drinking from the faucet.

Larry Bird the Black Headed Caique: