• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

The story of how two crossed over the bridge....

Vegemite

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Lynne
Cyd's dad can now rest in peace knowing Cyd will be well cared for and loved. And Bea is sitting next to him saying, I told you she is the best.
Thanks @zoo mom, I was wiping tears and then you post this. "I told you she is the best" and now my cheeks are getting another wash.
@Danita, Dad and Bea have each at the Bridge, they are watching over you and Cyd. I hope you get those SWS orders done soon so she can come home and we can see more pics and read more stories about her. Also, your vet is a keeper

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
Amazing how good things seem to happen when you least expect them! So happy for you!!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Thanks @zoo mom, I was wiping tears and then you post this. "I told you she is the best" and now my cheeks are getting another wash.
@Danita,I hope you get those SWS orders done soon so she can come home and we can see more pics and read more stories about her. Also, your vet is a keeper
Me too :faint:
It is taking forever :(
I have 15 left!

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
I will hold off on ordering more perches. You need to get that sweet Fid home and really show him how loved he will continue to be!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's quite a story. So sorry again about Bea but it's wonderful that Cyd came your way and has been taken in by you. It's great that you found each other.

Cara

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
I'm so happy that you two found each other! Seems like fate to me, that you both needed someone and your vet was able to bring you together.

Yoyo'sMom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Such a touching story. They say the heart is a muscle but I like to think of it as a membrane that gets streched in lots of directions. The more it streches the more it grows. Xoxo to you and your new precious girl.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
Absolutely touching. :heart: I'm so happy for you and Syd. :hug8:

parrotluv

Avenue Veteran
Such a touching story, tears rolling down my face. I think when you heard of another grey in need, you were afraid to let your heart accept another grey for fear it will replace Bea. There is no other grey that will replace her but you have a new spot in your heart for Cyd. Don't hold back loving this little girl that now needs love. As you said, and all bird owners want when they pass, is someone to come along and continue loving their pets that are left behind. I hope that someday when I pass that my birds will find a Danita, too!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I'm so sorry to hear of Bea's passing :sadhug2:but glad to hear that another little wonderful soul has found a spot in your heart! :hug8: When one door closes, another opens. Often times, we may not be ready for what's on the other side, but what's on the other side may need us a lot more than we realize. Cyd sounds like a wonderful companion, and although he's not Bea, he's just the perfect fit. No other grey could do. :heart:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
love the story!

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Where one door closes, another one opens. Thanks for offering your home to her.

JAM

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Oh gosh I was so worried when I saw the title but that is an awesome story!!!
Sort those orders out and GET HER QUICKLY!!!!! :D

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Could you at least please post some more photos of her melting into you? :heart::heart::heart: