• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Precious one needs a new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caidan

Moving in
Hello everyone,
I am new on here and in need of help. My daughter has a sweet (but wonderfully onery) little female parrotlet. We were told she was an american white, but she is more blue than white so we believe she is a diluted blue. She is and has been our only parrotlet. She has been a member of our family for 6 years.

The problem is that my daughter is very allergic to her. This has become worse over time to the point where my daughter can barely breathe when in the same room with her. We do not have a very large home and cant realistically move her far enough away from my daughter. So as much as it breaks our hearts, we need to find her a loving home.

She is very tame, but of course ornery (arent most parrotlets?). She loves to be with people and will try to get your attention to let her out. She eats a special grain mix as she absolutely refuses to eat much else. She would come with her spacious cage of course.

Our biggest concern is that she goes to someone who loves and appreciates the specialness of parrotlets. Someone that understands that each one is special and wonderful.

As I said, this is not easy, and we have fought with this decision for 6 months. We will not put her in a paper for sale and are not asking for money. Just the best home possible with experienced parrotlet lovers. Please let me know if anyone can help us.

We live in southern CA north of LA. We can deliver her.

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Wishing you the best. Hugs

faeryphoebe1

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
What a gorgeous, little girl. ♡♡♡

I'm so sorry that you have to re-home her. How heartbreaking for your family.

I also hope that you find a wonderful home for her.
Best wishes. (((hugs)))

slinky-kitty

Sprinting down the street
What a hard thing to do. I am sorry for you all. Please let us know when you find her a home. She is gorgeous and looks very loved. But unfortunately once an allergy hits they rarely get much better unless of course with the difficult decision you have made. :sad3:Hopefully she goes somewhere you can visit occasionally. Good luck!. If I were there I'd take her but then my husband would tell me off!

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry you have to rehome her! Hope you're able to find the perfect home.

BTW, she is American white. American white = dilute blue

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh my goodness- she is adorable. I'm sorry you have to rehomed her.

RoxieW

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Roxie
She is beautiful. I would love to give her a home, but unfortunately I'm in Nebraska.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
@Jeddy, maybe the B-man would like a girlfriend? :D

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I hope you find an amazing home for her! :hug8:She is so gorgeous! :heart:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
My goodness-what a beautiful little one. Definitely has that "sassy" look all p'lets have...:)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She's a real cutie and I hope you find a great home for her.

Caidan

Moving in
Thanks everyone. Yes she is lovely and sassy. Please help by spreading the word if you can. We can travel up to a 100 miles for delivery - doesnt matter so long as she gets a great experienced family to love her.

JosienBB - thanks for the clarification. We didnt know it was one and the same. She is just such a beautiful shade of pale, pale blue. She doesnt have any medium or dark blue spots at all. So pretty.

Last edited:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I am asking this for anyone who does not live near you but might be able to take her - would you consider shipping? I realize it's a difficult option but I have to ask. You may open up options here for anyone interested.

Caidan

Moving in
Hi SandraK,
The most important thing is that she goes to an absolutely loving home. I dont know anything about shipping, but if she would be okay and it wouldnt traumatize her than - yes, I would consider shipping her. We just love her so much and cant bear anything happening to her. My daughters condition has gotten so bad though that we just cant keep her. Its heartbreaking and my daughter has cried so much over it, but she has come to terms with it.

We have had her for 6 years and my daughter has taken such good care of her. She was only 9 when she got her and I never once had to remind her to feed her or clean her cage or anything. Just want everyone to understand that Mistey is very loved and wanted, but its no longer possible to keep her. My daughter held out for as long as she could, but now her breathing is even affected away from home.

Thanks again everyone for all your well wishes and help. I cant tell you how much it means to me just to know that there are others who care and understand how precious these little feather-balls are. I know that re-homing will be confusing and difficult for Mistey, she is attached to my daughter (and myself), which is why she MUST go to someone who has a great deal of experience and love for little parrotlets. We all know how ornery they can be and how much trouble they can get into!! She just needs someone to love her as much as my daughter does (if thats possible).

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Praying for a soft landing for this little beauty.

Coki

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I am really sorry you have to regime her. I hope you can find a good home for her! And of course get a lot of pictures to ensure she's alright.
Good luck!

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wish you were closer to me. I live in Florida. I hope she finds a loving home.

Beanurita

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Melissa
I just love my Blu!! He looks like your Mistey!! Too bad I still don't live in SoCal! Blu would love a P'let friend!!! I'm actually going to be in CA in June too!!

This is my Blu with my youngest!
IMG_5687.2015-05-09_204053.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.