• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for quality breeder

noblemacaw

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Rebecca
I hope that using the breeder area of the form is alright to inquire about quality breeders. I'm having a really hard time trying to locate a quality breeder for Yellow Collar Macaws. Currently I am in the process of finding my second companion and this will be the last one so I want this parrot to be the best fit possible.

I admire breeders who are in it for the birds NOT for money. Yes, I am willing to pay top dollar for a healthy well raised baby but I don't want to deal with bird mills or breeders out for the almighty buck. I am also looking to rescue for specific species I can estimate I will have the most success with however what is mostly in rescue are species that are over my head.

Wendy Craig is one of the best breeders I have ever had the pleasure of conducting business with. If I could find someone who closely resembles how Wendy breeds and raises babies I would be a very happy woman.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Have you asked Wendy if she is aware of any breeders that match your criteria?

Matt

noblemacaw

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Rebecca
I still order Valentino's parrot spice and sprout seeds from her. Wendy's mix it is called and I cannot reproduce what is in it. If I run out of sprouts Valentino cries for them. That is how much he loves his sprouts. As for asking Wendy about breeders I understand she has cut back her breeding because of health problems but she is still a very busy woman. She is not easy to get ahold of via phone or email.

AZ Parrots I found to be excellent. They were recommended to me back when I was looking into Panama Amazons. Dee taught me so much about Panama Amazons and how to tell true Pan Ams from hybrids and Yellow Crown I am considering getting the Pan Am baby from her. She has YCM listed on her web site but I have yet to see any babies at her weekly Saturday Bird Buddies get together (she uploads pictures from each weekly get together)

I have the room for a decent size cage but I am mindful that I now rent instead of own. However I went from my town home to another town home but do not live on a end unit. Valentino's pretty loud but not obnoxious enough to bother others. I did have to warn the neighbors of about the crazy stuff Valentino says. No I'm not abusing a child (he likes to yell "HELP ME....HELP MEEEEE") his vocalizations are very clear and do carry across the fields.

At this time I am in research and prepare mode. I'm not in a hurry but I know Valentino does so much better when his friend Scarlett visits. He needs a buddy to chat with while I work all day long.

I am also looking into adopting a parrot that needs a home however working with rescues long distance is a challenge.