• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Shirt Monster

Justlinda

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Linda
Sounds like you are going to have to become a nudist around her! Maybe a little snuggle pouch that you hang around her neck (like for sugar gliders.). I think I will make one and see if mine like it.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sounds like you are going to have to become a nudist around her! Maybe a little snuggle pouch that you hang around her neck (like for sugar gliders.). I think I will make one and see if mine like it.
Pretty much! There is a fine balance of protecting myself but also not giving her enough fabric to claim as a nest, lol! If I give her a snuggle pouch, she will launch her moray eel attacks out of it! I just know it! :laughing6:

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
You're lucky, Valentine gives me the googly eyes then runs up my shirt and destroys it. :cool:

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
@fluffypoptarts , I forgot that Sherbert doesn't do kisses.... Yea, so I kissy faced Odin on one shoulder and then got a hole in case I want a lip piercing from Bertbert! LMAO! totally my fault, I don't know why I thought she would kiss me, I was in the "zone" and woke me up :laugh:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@fluffypoptarts , I forgot that Sherbert doesn't do kisses.... Yea, so I kissy faced Odin on one shoulder and then got a hole in case I want a lip piercing from Bertbert! LMAO! totally my fault, I don't know why I thought she would kiss me, I was in the "zone" and woke me up :laugh:
Aww, no, I'm so sorry! ;__; I have to be careful kissing Snerky because if the whim strikes her, I can get a lip bite, too! I usually hold her beak with my fingers when I kiss her from the side or front, just in case. That way I can feel it when she goes to turn her head and there's something between my lip and her beak! I think most of the time I'd be okay, BUT it only takes one time of getting a lip bite, doesn't it!

My mom's lovie hen has bitten her nose, lip, and chin during unguarded kisses! I tell Mom to hold the beak, but she's too worried about her fingers getting bitten, lol. I was over there yesterday and had Boo's beak tucked in my hand while I kissed her head. She was kissing back so cutely for about 2 minutes. When she was done with that, she pinched my hand, which is way better than my face, IMO! I told her that wasn't nice and put her back. :p

Catrina

Meeting neighbors
My female lovebird, Snerky, has discovered the joys of climbing around in mama's shirt. Once she found this secret playground, there was no going back. She wants to come out of the cage constantly now, and when she does, she makes a beeline for my sleeve or wherever else she can slip into my shirt!! I have tried fishing her out repeatedly, but she just waits for an unguarded moment to dart back in there. She is not biting me at all when in there, thankfully. She just climbs around making kissing and clicking noises. :) She'll also rub her beak against my skin (like she would the bars in her cage) and make her little clucking noises. She likes to crawl down to the bottom hem of my shirt and stick her head out to look around. It is hilarious to see her when she comes out too far and has to scramble to get back in, little birdy bum sticking out, leg kicking. Quite a graceless process, haha.

She has also decided that squeezing under my bra strap is GREAT fun. :rolleyes:

There are two downsides to this so far. One is that she cannot stand going back in her cage now. She sometimes yells at me and can get pinchy as I try to put her in. The other is that once she gets close to the neck of my shirt, she sometimes transforms into a moray eel (a rare white moray eel, haha) and will dart out from her 'den' to pinch before disappearing back into the darkness! I told her that was Not Cute!

Maybe the whole laying-an-egg thing has transformed her birdy brain and now a portable nest is the most important thing in the world? LOL. She seems oblivious to the technical difficulties in actually utilizing the nest for her purposes....oh well. ;)

It is very difficult to take pictures of the fabled white moray eel as she despises my cell phone and seems to feel mortally affronted every time she sees it. She moves like greased lightning once the vile enemy has been sighted!
Have you ever tried giving her a happy hut? Or maybe making something out of an old piece of your clothing to put in her cage that she can cuddle with? Maybe if she has the same thing in her cage she'll be just as excited to return to her cage. :)
She sounds adorable and funny though!

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have you ever tried giving her a happy hut? Or maybe making something out of an old piece of your clothing to put in her cage that she can cuddle with? Maybe if she has the same thing in her cage she'll be just as excited to return to her cage. :)
She sounds adorable and funny though!
Oh nooo, I think the hut would make her more aggressive, and I worry about their safety. (And putting a scrap of my clothing in there - I'd never get that little eel out of her den!) She is definitely adorable and funny! Thank you. :)

I really want to capture her hopping, but she's so aggressive towards my cell phone that I'm not sure how to accomplish that!

Last edited:

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Or a mako shark :rofl:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Your stories are absolutely wonderful to hear (read). Sounds like you have a very active crew! Love it!
Aww, thank you! :heart2: "Active" seems to describe lovebirds as a whole, lol! They are very energetic, curious, engaging little fluffernutters. I really like sharing their antics and taking pictures and videos of them to share with you guys. We need more lovie lovers! Welcome to the group! :starshower1:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
IF she decides to lay eggs in bra at least they would be warm.:pinklol:
Lady Jane, that's a terrible thought! LOL! But it would be just like her to try to leave them for ME to take care of, fertile or not! :laughin:

SEWIgurl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
kate
I fear Argyll was reading while on my shoulder.. he has now started making "tents" in the lil space between my shirt and the center of my chest.. and then plays peek a boo, and gets really mad if a finger invades his "tent".... tell snerky that she has a following.... =( lol

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I fear Argyll was reading while on my shoulder.. he has now started making "tents" in the lil space between my shirt and the center of my chest.. and then plays peek a boo, and gets really mad if a finger invades his "tent".... tell snerky that she has a following.... =( lol
Oh dear! Cover his little eyes! Is your little one definitely a boy?