• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Abigail went to the vet yesterday!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
And made me look like a dummy! I was a little worried about some funny looking stool, so I took her in just to be safe and the whole time we were there, she was talking up a storm and wagging her butt and making a complete hussy out of herself! I just shook my head and thought, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this bird...she's completely and totally healthy! Everyone absolutely loved her! My vet's office uses midazolam in the nares as a local sedative but Abs was having none of that...it took quite a bit to get her to go down and be calm for the torture of the towel!;) Her blood work looks great, she's in perfect feather with the exception of her few strange missing flight feathers. Everything looked incredibly great and she's even lost 60 grams and now weighs in at a svelte 545 grams. Our new ACZM resident said her body looked in good condition and she should probably lose maybe another 20 grams. She did have a mild yeast infection that we'll be treating with an anti fungal though...I knew I wasn't completely crazy! Here are some pictures of the love waiting for the doc on the scale!:)

IMG_0443.JPG IMG_0444.JPG IMG_0445.JPG

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She is gorgeous. How did you get her to lose weight?

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Yep, she gave that donation very willingly!:) As for weight loss, I have no idea other than the fact that she's been limited to nothing but pellets!:) She likes to fight with Amarillo too, so I'm sure that helps!;)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm glad the vet visit went basically well and hope she recovers quickly from the yeast infection. She's a cutie. :)

95talongirl

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Marybeth kiczenski
She is absolutely adorable!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
What a beauty! I wish Milton would sit like that for weighing. He literally jumped off the table and hid under my chair when we were at the vet's office last year.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
She is stunning! I'm glad for the weight loss and hope that the yeast infection goes away. I had a similar experience at the vet with Bella last month. She sat on the scale but when the awful towel came out, she screamed until the vet told her to be quiet so she could listen to her chest and believe or not, Bella shut up! Then the vet called Bella a diva bird. Sigh.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
She's sitting there just like a queen awaiting her subjects! She definitely has style. She knows she's gorgeous. :heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful Abby.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I so love that first pic! :heart: She says "yeah, I'm cute. Ooggle my sassy self"